Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Cold Bore Challenge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Silver Member

Re: Cold Bore Challenge

Now that you've tried your challenge. How far you willing to bet that $100.00?
Old 05-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayne B View Post
Thanks LDHunter, Its been fun and I have learned alot about shooting in the wind.

Good luck on getting your rifles done! get out and shoot
Going shooting in the morning... Hopefully I have all the woolyboogers worked out and after that I'll be ready to try but I'm thinking I'm still in development stages... :(
Old 05-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Gold Member

It seems the more I shoot, the less confident I become. haha!

And $100 would buy alot of bullets or beer. lol

I have been doing some load work with 155 SMK PALMA bullets, and 168 Berger VLD.

I still have 2 shots left to do. and I think I want to try them at 1000 yards.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:46 AM
Silver Member

Quote:

And $100 would buy alot of bullets or beer. lol
Isn't that the truth!
Honesty...hard to come by sometimes.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Silver Member

Quote:

I still have 2 shots left to do. and I think I want to try them at 1000 yards.

When it comes to rifles and hitting targets at long distances with varying conditions I think that confidence usually comes mixed with a good dose of ignorance... LOL

I am confident that I can hit a whitetail in the boiler room at anything short of 250 yards 98% of the time with almost any conditions I normally encounter and am used to but as the distance extends beyond that magical 250 yards my confidence goes down rapidly. LOL

I've been shooting and hunting way to many years to think that hitting game where I need to is a sure thing when I get way out there. That doesn't mean that I won't practice often, use quality equipment, handload carefully, and take that shot when I'm sure that I've done everything I can do to make it count but I don't know if I'll ever be nearly the shot some of the people on here are.

It sure is fun to keep pursuing that dream though... LOL

Those thousand yard shots should be very interesting... ;)

Looking forward to seeing the videos.

I'm loading all day today. One of my shooting buddies bailed on me at the last minute this morning so I'm trying to get enough loaded to last me a few weeks and so I can better concentrate on shooting and less on load development.

I'm also going to start shooting at the local 300yard range once a week so I can have the advantage of the good benches and shade the range offers. It's getting a bit hot on my hunting leases and deep shade is necessary for keeping me from heat stress and to get the rifle barrels cooled better.

Bob
Old 05-29-2013, 06:42 AM
Silver Member

Woo Hoo.... Yesterday at 200yds my 223LTR shot three 3 shot groups with all bullet holes touching... YES!!!

My 300SAUM didn't fare so well so it's back to the drawing board for that one... :(

Tomorrow I hope to shoot both rifles at 300yds with the SAUM using different loads. Hopefully within a week or two I'll be stretching them out and if confidence is high it's some cold bore shooting for me too...

Bob
Old 05-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Gold Member

Cool man. thats good shooting, Let me know how it goes!