Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Cold Bore Challenge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Cold Bore Challenge

I appreciate it. Anyone can be an expert on the internet. Speaking of.......so the 3 computers I have tried to use do not recognize the camcorder. I am assuming it is either the age of the unit vs the software of the computer or a USB port issue on the camcorder. At this point I will not use the unit again. Done with it. However, I would like to try and get the vid on a CD or something. Any suggestions?
Old 05-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Platinum Member

I always learn so much from my misses. My hits only re enforce what i already know. I consider what your doing to be very difficult and educational and hats off to you for doing so sir. I look forward to the next one.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Silver Member

Is this challenge designed to learn what a particular indivuals effective hunting distance is?
Old 05-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Gold Member

Yeah, I guess you could call it that.

I like to hunt coyote, and would like to hunt big game soon, I also have been getting into shooting competitions with my .308 So I figured this would help me learn to deal with conditions. And improve my over all skill as a marksmen

I have gone to 3 "big boy" competitions in the last few months. First one there was like 40 people and i got 21st, 3rd one was 25 people and I got 6th, 3rd one there was 27 people and I got 4th.

I also shoot in one .22lr competition a month, and am currently in 1st place over all for the year.

I used to just say screw it im not going shooting today its windy. Now I go no mater what.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Platinum Member

I just started doing that too. Yay some wind, time to be educated. If I can get the vid loaded you will see one dust plume go right I send second round the dust goes left.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Gold Member

Old 05-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Silver Member

I definitely do not want to hijack this thread but I sincerely believe the Burris Eliminator 3 will greatly help on this challenge if the rest of the components are up to the task. Temp stable powder, Seating depth all perfectly the same, brass the same and the barrel COMPLETELY stress relieved. The final and most important factor is the person behind the trigger. If this is not sincerely taken into consideration any and all testing will be tainted. I once had a gunsmith that was what I considered on of the best state that if he built one of his rifles with his "barrel stretcher" on it he could guarantee all cold bore shots. This was George Vais of muzzle brake fame. The Burris will simply take out all windage and range error from the day to day variences. Somthing a man can not do with consistency..