Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Chronograph suggestions....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Gold Member

Re: Chronograph suggestions....

I have a MagnetoSpeed and my dad has a Oehler 35P.

I've had my MagnetoSpeed since last fall and used it for the first time this past Friday on a 17HMR shooting 17gr bullets and a 300AX with 230 Bergers. It worked flawlessly.

Setup, from start to finish, takes less than 2 minutes. I don't think my dad can even get all the pieces to his Oehler out of the case in 2 minutes. lol
Old 03-23-2013, 08:12 AM
Silver Member

Haven't had my magneto long but love it compared to getting an optical going. On the two guns I've used it on I have noticed very little if any change in how the loads shoot with it on. Never had it fail to pick up a shot and love having the data available on the SD card for later. I can't vouch for accuracy but I will say that my ballistics calcs are more consistent using the data attained with the magneto than I've gotten before.
Romans 12:12
Old 03-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Bronze Member

hey guys just checkin in. I just purchased a magneto speed chronograph today. thanks for the info and never heard of this. playing with the light can be tricky and to eliminate this factor is nice. even in my archery using light sensitive chronos can be tricky even in indoor ranges. adios amigos!!