Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

christian arms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 06:35 AM

christian arms

I have been looking at these guys for a few years now.I was thinking of buying 1.Now I have heard some negative stuff.But no real foundation to their problem or it was someone elses problem.I would like to hear.From people who have shot or have owned.A Christian Arms rifle.Just tell it like it is.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Bronze Member

Re: christian arms

I had a rifle built on a wby fibermark action and stock. The gun will shoot MOA very light and a great mountian rifle. The gun does what I wanted and I am happy with it. If you want a long range tack driver in a bigger caliber just be wary of how light the barrel will be thus increasing the recoil.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Platinum Member

not too many guys on here have owned or shot one simply because they get picked up and in a few seconds its apperent that it is all marketing hype behind these rifles and for the money, you can get alot more. Custom is the way to go.
I LOOKED at one (I havent shot one). It had a tupperwear stock, the machining wasnt great, the trigger was mediocere at best and the list goes on. I understand that they do have higher end models, but for the price you can get a remmy action blueprinted (or savage), skeletonized the bolt, put an ABS barrel on it and finish it with a manners or mcmillan stock and be in the same $$ range.
BUT that being said, try to find one and handle it and you'll know right away if it meets your standard.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Gold Member

I have owned 3, from the hunter to the full custom. I will never own one again. The rifles look great on the outside, but were it counts, the weapon falls short (VERY SHORT). The 3 in 1/2 inch in the custom is with a load work up, not factory ammo. When I had my rifles, they all would act different in hot and cold weather, even trying to wok up loads I had to let the barrel sit for 15 min. between each round, or I would sting rounds. My best 3 shot group was 1/2" but could not do it again average 2 inch. I had sent back to Chistensen Arms, they said nothing was wrong, that the rifle shot 1/2 inch but they would not tell me the load, and the target was shot with 224 cal bullets not 30 cal. Just go with a lighter barrel and a good smith.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianc74 View Post
I have owned 3, from the hunter to the full custom. I will never own one again. The rifles look great on the outside, but were it counts, the weapon falls short (VERY SHORT). The 3 in 1/2 inch in the custom is with a load work up, not factory ammo. When I had my rifles, they all would act different in hot and cold weather, even trying to wok up loads I had to let the barrel sit for 15 min. between each round, or I would sting rounds. My best 3 shot group was 1/2" but could not do it again average 2 inch. I had sent back to Chistensen Arms, they said nothing was wrong, that the rifle shot 1/2 inch but they would not tell me the load, and the target was shot with 224 cal bullets not 30 cal. Just go with a lighter barrel and a good smith.
+1

My friends dad bought one and he had nothing but problems. It wouldnt feed right, never shot very well, and cost way too much. When he sent it back they said it feed fine. My butt it feed right. I dont think they even looked at it cause it was the same when it came back. I wouldnt ever think of getting one for what they cost. In fact I would rather have a factory REM700. The one and only thing I will give them is they are nice to carry. Very light.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Gold Member

There was a thread just recently that had alot of feed back. Use the search function on this site.

I looked at them about a 1 1/2 years ago. After alot of research I ended up going with a smith from this site. It was the best decision I ever made. The smith listen to what I had to say and help guide and direct me through my first build. I got exactly what I wanted. Cost was about the same - the quality and performance is second to none.

Good luck.
RMNS 8:28
Old 07-05-2010, 06:20 PM
SPONSOR