Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Christensen arms?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Bronze Member

Christensen arms?

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with any of christensen arms rifles. And if you do, please share.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:33 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Christensen arms?

Similar threads below are nice start. Good luck!

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Bronze Member

I bought a Hunter model a few months ago for the Fiance she thought it looked purdy...

Any way we have mounted an old leupold 4.5-14x-44mm, with 30mm tube to it in Leupold rings and mounts, its a .300rum, and to tell you the truth I think I will be buying another in 7mm STW, for my self. it is lighter then my Weatherby Accumark's, shoots better then most rifles should, aside from a full on custom.

only put factory Remington ammo through it so far but the 180 cor loc has been a great performer.

100yrd's 3 shot, 3/4" and at 200 it has been printing 1" - 1 1/4" 3 shot groups.

now with some good handload's and the berger bullet's I know I will be able to shrink those, but for a semi- factory rifle with Junk Factory ammo it is performing very well. I will never replace my 280AI but I will be ordering one in 7mm STW. for myself.....

There is nothing bad I can say about it, the Carbon Fiber wrapping on the stainless barrel makes it very stiff and strong, also makes the Rifle lighter, you will want the muzzle break on it for sure, but all in all I love it and will be adding a few more to the collection here.

NRA Life Member.

The only thing common about common sense is it ain't that common.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Platinum Member

You can build a better gun for less money using one of the smiths here. Just order your wrapped barrel from rock creek, get a donor action from the classifieds or a custom action and call one of the smiths that visit here.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Platinum Member

+1 for what eddybo said. You can get more gun for less money going custom. I've never shot a Christiensen Arms rifle, but have handled them at the local dealer. I only handled it for a few seconds and then gave it back.. just thought that it felt cheap and gimmicky (not offence 280AIman). I really like the ABS carbon wrapped barrels that other members have on this forum. i Know that's what Im getting when I re-barrel my .338 RUM.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Gold Member

I have been around two of them and both of them have left a lot to be desired. For the amount of money they want for them there was not a lot of attention to detail on the guns. Neither one of them shot worth a hoot either. If I spent that amount of money and no matter what load I tried I could only get it to shoot 1.5 MOA at 100 I would be sick!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Gold Member

I had one for awhile. Put 300 rounds through it trying to find a consistent sub moa load. Wouldn't do it, attention to detail wasn't very good. The one I bought was the hunter which is basically a factory remington sps with the barrel carbon wrapped and the bolt lightened. I found this out after I bought it and I was a little disappointed. The guy at the store was selling me the accuracy guarantee which I believed at the time and went ahead and bought it. After researching it I found out you had to pay around 6 grand for an accuracy guarantee which only comes on the carbon one custom. Learned my lesson on doing research before purchasing. Anyways I agree with most everyone else, for the money you spend on the christensen you could get a twice the quality rifle from a builder here for probably half the cash depending on which model. Just my .02 cents Good luck!