Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Chris Kyle Shot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Chris Kyle Shot

I agree this is a really sad story. Our vets deserve better.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
I agree this is a really sad story. Our vets deserve better.
Good to see that this country still has some decent men left. Thank you LRH members
"...I shoot big cartridges, not because I am ego bound, not because they are needed to kill big game when well placed shots are made, but when an error is made, they will get you out of trouble more often then a lesser round."

--Kirby Allen
Old 02-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Silver Member

I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. How could someone stab him in the back like that? It really pisses me off. I also looked up to him, as many people should have and still should. I don't understand why someone would do that to one of our own, especially an American hero like Chris Kyle. It infuriates me! He was an amazing man to say the least...
Old 02-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Platinum Member

It hurt my heart when I heard about Chris' death. Very sad day but equally sad; what we have let our country become. Sometimes I feel like there's nothing left to be proud of. JohnnyK.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Silver Member

If we all cant stand together during a time of war...when can we stand together? If we cant be proud of our freedom and the people who fight for it..what can we be proud of? Please..I encourage you all to go on youtube and look at some of these comments. It will make you sick to your stomach because of the vile things that are being said about Chris and his fellow soldiers. I pray that his children grow up knowing their father was a hero...and not a villain. I pray that this country will realize that freedom isnt free...and finally..I pray that God will forgive those who wish harm/illness/sadness/death on our heroes...because I wont.

Please, the next time you see a gentleman or lady in a uniform...thank them. Tomorrow may be to late.
"...I shoot big cartridges, not because I am ego bound, not because they are needed to kill big game when well placed shots are made, but when an error is made, they will get you out of trouble more often then a lesser round."

--Kirby Allen
Old 02-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Platinum Member

ISK, I don't want to see the comments. I know how these progressive liberals are, and it makes me sick to my stomach. They're just as bad as the Westboro Baptist Church people...And those people make me want to go postal on them.

People need to learn what a hero really is. An NFL player is NOT a hero. A pro baseball player is not a hero. An actor is not a hero. Real heros are people who accomplished REAL things and did so in the face of danger, despite knowing the potential consequences. THAT is a true hero. Just like all of our soldiers and vets are. And Chris Kyle was one of my personal heros. Any sniper is. It's what I wanted to be from an early age. I never was able to make that dream come true, so to me, anyone who can and does, is one of my heros.

It still infuriates me knowing that scumbag did it for a truck. Like was said, Chris probably would have handed him the keys if he had known that was all he wanted.

So, to all our Vets, both former and current....Thank you for your service.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Bronze Member

I read his book. He was an amazing person and a great patriot.