Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Choice of Ballistic software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Silver Member

Choice of Ballistic software

Hey guys, I'm a newbie to the website...I love it. I have a quick question. What ballistic software do you recommend for long distance shooting/benchrest. I've been using the one on my Chronograph for years and it seems a little out of date.
I would appreciate any info you have.
I'm a serious long distance shooter so I need the software that would calculate out to distances of 2000yd plus.
Thanks

Old 06-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Choice of Ballistic software

I have used probably a half dozen or more on my desktop and have used Exbal for years in the field but a few months back I purchased LoadBase and it's great.

Now with the 3.0 version out it's even better and when the new version for the desktop comes out it'll be even better yet. LB does things that Exbal just doesn't do and makes the long range stuff even better. Just remember you have to feed it the right info and use its features right but the results are amazing.

LB runs under the Windows platform but if you decided to go with Exbal you could get a version for either Windows or the Palm platform.

Customer service for LB is the best and updates/upgrades have been coming at a very consistent pace. Gus is working his tail off to make his software the best out there and there are a lot of us using it now that think he's succeeded.

You can use the search feature and get a lot of reading for either Exbal or LoadBase.

You can find some reading here also. Link--> Weather meters and Ballistics software-Palm or PC
Old 06-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Silver Member

Thanks alot, I'll look into them.
Do you think I'll run into a problem using Vista?
Thanks
Old 06-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Platinum Member

I wouldn't think you'd have any problems with Vista. I'm sure there are guys around here using Vista and both of the packages with no problems.

You could always contact Exbal and Patagonia and ask them. I've had good results with questions to both brands.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Silver Member

here, FREE .......... enjoy

Wikisend: free file sharing service xls files.zip

you can print them out at home, or load them into a palm device for field use

http://sites.google.com/site/freeballisticcalculator/