Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Cheapest of the higher quality scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Cheapest of the higher quality scopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by motown View Post
Just came across this today. CameraLandNY has this same scope on closeout for $599. I have the 4.5x14x50 and love it!

Zeiss - Camera Land NY

That is a good deal on a good scope.

Unread 12-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock View Post
Saw them but not the once I'm looking for but still a good source for the OP, thanks!

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an ***hole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Unread 12-12-2014, 06:43 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner665 View Post
There's a couple that IMHO are nicely priced; thanks for the info.

Very worthwhile for the OP to check into. Me too of course.

Unread 12-13-2014, 04:06 PM
Silver Member

I picked up a SWFA 10x SS fixed for $299 (just for fun) and I'm shooting my little 6.5 Creed out to 600 without any problems. I was amazed at the quality of the glass! I went hunting with it yesterday afternoon and 30 minutes after sunset I could still see very well. Nothing but a few does walking around but still had a good time. I had a Vortex 6.5X20 and sold it! It was like looking down a dark oil drum compared to the SWFA. They make more expensive models and if they are as good as their cheap scopes I'm going to buy another one.
Unread 12-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Gold Member

BigEclipse... I know you are looking for a good scope for the money and a lot of people have recommended Zeiss. I don't wish to diminish their experience with them, however, I also was thinking about a Zeiss recently because I love the glass, but an article from precisionrifleblog testing $1500+ scopes changed my mind, mainly due to its poor performance mechanically. They may have just got a bum scope... but it did sway my decision.

Tactical Scopes: Field Test Results Summary & Overall Scores | PrecisionRifleBlog.com

I ended up deciding on the Valdada and the Bushnell elite 3.5-21 h59 Found a good deal in a very lightly used bushnell that came with a Larue 111 and accuracy 1st level for $1250, so really, the scope cost me less than 1k.

I also have the Vortex Viper Pst FFP 6-24x50 and for the money... It's an outstanding scope but I have to admit that for the money... I'm glad I found that Bushnell.
Unread 12-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboscobuys View Post
BigEclipse... I know you are looking for a good scope for the money and a lot of people have recommended Zeiss. I don't wish to diminish their experience with them, however, I also was thinking about a Zeiss recently because I love the glass, but an article from precisionrifleblog testing $1500+ scopes changed my mind, mainly due to its poor performance mechanically. They may have just got a bum scope... but it did sway my decision.

Tactical Scopes: Field Test Results Summary & Overall Scores | PrecisionRifleBlog.com

I ended up deciding on the Valdada and the Bushnell elite 3.5-21 h59 Found a good deal in a very lightly used bushnell that came with a Larue 111 and accuracy 1st level for $1250, so really, the scope cost me less than 1k.

I also have the Vortex Viper Pst FFP 6-24x50 and for the money... It's an outstanding scope but I have to admit that for the money... I'm glad I found that Bushnell.
I remember that article >>> Tactical Scopes: Field Test Results Summary & Overall Scores

Unread 12-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEENIX View Post
Yes! I'll give you a great big thank you for that one Feenix. I wouldn't have gone with the Bushnell were it not for that article. It would have been between the Valdada and Zeiss. As things stand... I'm very pleased with my choice, minus no illumination. It's the one thing that I would have liked to see on the Bushnell, but it's a lower priority as compared to the other reasons which matter to me.

Thanks again for steering me to that article!

-James