Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

CED Customer Service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Silver Member

CED Customer Service

Has anyone has to deal with CEDís customer service? I have not had a good experience and they seem like they could care less.

I have a CED M2 chronograph, which is very finicky and does not work well. Which they admitted to, sun should be perfect and used 10-2 on clear sunny days.

Before my last problem of no readings when people with cheaper chronographís are getting readings, I had sensor go bad somehow. I did some of my own tests and some tests that they asked me to do so that we could speed up the process. I live in PA they are also located in eastern PA, I sent it UPS which is overnight, and I was told by the person on the phone that they would just send me a new sensor the next day. Well I called a day after I should have had the new sensor, the person who told me that originally was nowhere to be found and was unavailable, big surprise. But the other people I talked to could have cared less that I was lead on.

Now my latest problem is just lack of readings or errors in anything less than perfect conditions. So I pretty much decided that I need the infrared screen set, and they do not have the battery pack currently, but they have some used battery packs that they are not sure what they can sell them for. So I am currently waiting for the price on that, and I called to check because I want it for this weekend. They are still unsure of the price, and I asked if I can pay full price and use one of the used ones for a couple weeks until the new battery packs are in stock, I thought it was a very fair compromise, and a company that cared about customer service would probably go for that. They didnít and also said its my choice to buy it or not, there is a high demand for them right now so basically they donít want to help me out at all so they can make more money from someone else by selling it to them.

I am just very unimpressed, with a lot of companies lately. I have not had the best luck lately when dealing with companies or individuals. But this chronograph has now cost me 5-6 weeks of shooting, due to the other problem and now this one, and the fact that with I getting darker earlier, weekends are pretty much my only time to shoot.

Anyone have any experiences? And it may be for sale shortly, what chronograph should I look at? Thanks again

Old 11-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Silver Member

Re: CED Customer Service

I too have a finicky CED that only works in optimal conditions.

Too bad this thread will likely be axed as soon as the mods see it.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Silver Member

yes, it is too bad, I may take Midway up on their offer. they offered to exchange it or for store credit even though I bought it a year ago but did not use it much.

but time is of the essence for me right now.

I can't say enough about Midway's customer service. some bullets came loose in shipping once, they sent me another box to cover the 15 I lost, and free shipping next time, anothe time a container of Mica was crushed, and got mica on everything, again refunded my shipping and gave me free shipping again.

granted, items were not packaged all that well, but they made more than good on each time.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Bronze Member

I also have a ced 2 and was having issues, which turned out to be me not tightening the sensors to the base., anyway they answered my email the next day and gave me some stuff to try. My ced works good .
Old 11-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Silver Member

Looks like I will be sending it back to Midway and buying a PACT with IR most likely.

I called and spoke with them at 1:00 p.m. eastern, and they told me they would call for sure within the hour because they knew I wanted them to ship the items today so I would have it for this weekend so I would not be as inconvenienced. Well they never called, guess they can't want my business too much.

Also, through this whole thing I have been very polite, but blunt and honest. but never nasty or raised my tone. so it was certainly not me.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:14 AM
SPONSOR

Timeless,

I feel your pain, I went through alot of trouble with my Chrony. It gets very frustrating when you only have a certain amount of time to play and your toys don't work. I broke down and ordered a Ohler in September. I've talked with several people that own one and said it's the best they've ever used. A little more expensive, yes, but hopefully worth it. Keep after CED, you'll eventually get a good salesman.

Chances are that this entire thread will be deleted soon. One of Len's rules are if you have a problem with a product or company don't let any one know about it on line. Keep it to your self and the company. Why keep someone else from going through the same head aches you have.

www.mcrifles.com
Old 11-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Silver Member

when a company doesn't do anything and won't even give free shipping for their faulty products to someone that lives an hour away from them, it should be known to others.

I called PACT yesterday, and spoke with someone who was very helpful, and explained how I can just make my own battery pack, and that it works fine, CED was telling me that I shoudln't even use my truck to run the IR screens because it may not be completely steady current.

I would like to go the Oehler route, but I have this money coming back from Midway, and currently, I don't have anything else I need from Midway, and would like to use the money for that, but this one, I will put through it's paces more so right away than I did the CED.

I will be buying a PACT model 1-xp with the IR screens. I started another thread about what chronograph to buy after my CED first started acting up, and I got a lot of votes for PACT. if the PACT does not work out I will probably order an Oehler if they are still available.