Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Care package from Fort Shaw - 1st. 7mm Allen Magnum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2005, 07:44 AM
SPONSOR

Re: Care package from Fort Shaw - 1st. 7mm Allen Magnum

BEAUTIFUL GUN!!!!!!!!!

That thing is awesome looking ss7mm, damn nice. Hey and this time you put the bolt handle on the right side [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i am sure you will love it
steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 10-21-2005, 08:14 AM
SPONSOR

Beautiful!!!!

Looks like it's a shooter as well. Not that I had any doubt in Kirby's work. He does build a fine rifle!!
Old 10-21-2005, 08:16 AM
Silver Member

That right there is what gets me out of bed and into class each day.

Your guns so nice I don't even have the words.

Great choices ss and like lerch said you've got a beautiful gun.

Carl
Old 10-21-2005, 08:43 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

SS7mm,

Glad your happy with the rifle. Its not everyday that I get to play with a list of componants like that. It was truely a fun to build this rifle although a bit nerve racking knowing the first full blown 7mm Allen Mag rifle is going out to a customer. Guess its kind of like shipping your first kid off to school!!

Here is a pic of what I got your rifle to do with fireformed brass. This is a load producing 3120 fps with the 200 gr ULD RBBT. A very mild load and still shoots well.

I suspect that with a bit of tayloring you will get some consistant hits at VERY long range with this rig!!!

Here is a pic of how the rifle is throated for the huge 200 gr ULD RBBT. The Accubond loads on the left are for my personal 7mm AM and you can see the difference in throat length.

Even at those fireforming load levels any elk on the planet will be in serious trouble with that 200 gr ULD. PLEASE POST PICTURES!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that ss7mm was a major supporter in getting the 7mm Allen Mag off the ground and in the fields by this big game season. Had it not been for him, it would not have been out until next summer at the earliest.

Again, I thank you for your support with this project, I think we done goooood!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 10-21-2005, 09:35 AM
Gold Member

The pictures of the 7AM loaded with the 200 Wildcats are worth far more than 1k words! Impressive is not a strong or stout enough term!

Nice work Kirby! I think I may have a friend graduating in May convinced on your 7AM. He has always shot a 243. He knows nothing of reloading and stuff, but he can shoot very well. He wants a flat shooting 7mm round. I have informed him that they don't come flatter than the 7AM; now I have to convince him this is practical for East TX. I have my work cut out for me! A 7RM is more than enough gun; 7WM is over-kill a little more; 7-300WM and 7RUM are more gun; 7AM is the most gun (as far as I am aware)! All men deserve the best, and in light of most = best, 7AM it must be! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If he decides to get serious, I'll put him in touch with you, and ya'll can discuss his intended applications and choices. I don't want to be the reason he would be dissatisfied with one of your firearms, but if he gets it, I get to reload it for him; therefore, I would be in the door to get my own!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 11:30 AM
Platinum Member

Very nice! I love your color scheme. It just seems to match the color of the steel so well. Mighty clean and mean!
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Gold Member

That is an absolute beauty! Very very nice looking rig. Man you didn't hold back one bit. Top of the line with everything. How much does she weight as she sits pictured there?