Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Cant find Berger bullets anywhere??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Silver Member

Re: Cant find Berger bullets anywhere??

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltank View Post
Third Generation Supply has 120, 130, and 140 match. Powder Valley has 140 match.Timber Butte Outdoors So there out there. Midway and TGS have the 140 Moly's.

Tank
I had 140 vld's ordered from 2 different places since late june and the backorder date kept getting pushed back. Midway and powder valley do not have 140 vld's and Third Generation Supply only has 2 boxes of moly which i am not interested in. The 140 hunting an target vld;s just are not out there. I know several people looking for them. When i called to cancel my orders i was told the hunting bullets may be available the end of november, and the target bullets 2011. I am not bashing Berger,just not going to wait that long when there are other options out there.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost creek View Post
I had 140 vld's ordered from 2 different places since late june and the backorder date kept getting pushed back. Midway and powder valley do not have 140 vld's and Third Generation Supply only has 2 boxes of moly which i am not interested in. The 140 hunting an target vld;s just are not out there. I know several people looking for them. When i called to cancel my orders i was told the hunting bullets may be available the end of november, and the target bullets 2011. I am not bashing Berger,just not going to wait that long when there are other options out there.

I am really interested in the 6.5x47 Lapua. I am sold on the Sierra 123's. Have you tried that bullet yet? You may want to take a look.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Gold Member

It makes no sense at all to find some bullets and work up a load that really works then not be able to find anymore
The way I see it it is a big waste of money
go with a bullet maker that will get the bullets to you when you need them
Old 10-20-2010, 04:05 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcpo View Post
It makes no sense at all to find some bullets and work up a load that really works then not be able to find anymore
The way I see it it is a big waste of money
go with a bullet maker that will get the bullets to you when you need them
That is what happened to me. I had a 260 built and got a box of 140 hunting vld's and found a good load to shoot in long range competition. and could not get anymore,so am now shooting 140 a-max.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:08 AM
Silver Member

liltank,

I have not tried the 123 sierra but may try it.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost creek View Post
liltank,

I have not tried the 123 sierra but may try it.
I have been reading that a lot of 6.5x47 Lapua shooters have been using them with great success. Seems to be available most times too.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!