Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Can you really improve perfection? (pics)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 AM

Re: Can you really improve perfection? (pics)

Joseph is correct. I shoot left handed which is why the bubble level is on the right side. I can see the level while still maintaining my cheek weld by simply opening my right eye. It works well!

By the way Joe, incredible bolt gun sir!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator Strikeforce View Post
Joseph is correct. I shoot left handed which is why the bubble level is on the right side. I can see the level while still maintaining my cheek weld by simply opening my right eye. It works well!

Thanks Predator. Yours is something else. I just added a picture of a UV filter I use to protect the objective lens. If I scratch it I will change it. Better to scratch it then the objective lens. A camera store should have one that will screw right on. If yours is a 50 mm lens the one in the picture may be the one that would work for you. ($12).

joseph

PS: If you look at the top of my elevation turret you can read the info on the custom turret. It is dead nuts accurate at all ranges.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:36 PM

Its a good idea but wouldn't that negate the purpose of buying a scope with good glass? Now you're looking through $12 glass. I would think that the sight picture wouldn't be as clear through the filter as it is without. Could be wrong. Been wrong before. Lol. Besides the Vortex unconditional warranty will cover anything you do to the scope. Just a thought.

Btw, love the custom turret. That's awesome!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Its a good idea but wouldn't that negate the purpose of buying a scope with good glass? Now you're looking through $12 glass. I would think that the sight picture wouldn't be as clear through the filter as it is without. Could be wrong. Been wrong before. Lol. Besides the Vortex unconditional warranty will cover anything you do to the scope. Just a thought.

Btw, love the custom turret. That's awesome!
Yes it does cut down on the brightness a little, but it doesn't bother me. I'd hate to have something happen at 8,000 feet on a hunt where you can't use the No Bs warranty until after the hunt. I've used it while shooting at a 1,000 yards in competition with my PST FFP MOA scope at 24 power and put 3 five shot groups in the center of the target that all of them would be in the boiler room of an antelope.

You could get one and look through your scope with it and without it and see what you think. I took my rifle into the camera store (after asking permission) and looked with it and without it before I even bought it.

joseph
Old 01-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Gold Member

Quote:

30 years ago Russian research for their Olympic rifle team discovered that if the non-aiming eye is closed up to 28% visual acuity is LOST in the aiming eye!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Silver Member

who did the dip on the first rifle?
Old 01-18-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mike 2121 View Post
who did the dip on the first rifle?
The dip was done by www.hydro-dip.com and is a two dip process. Multi-cam first, then Skullz over the Multi-cam. The textured clear matte finish top-coat, it is extremely durable and has a nice tactile feel to it...