Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Can you really improve perfection? (pics)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 PM

Can you really improve perfection? (pics)

The answer is yes!

Here's a couple new additions to my Specialized Dynamics LR .260 Remington. Laser engraving on the Vortex Razor HD scope sunshade and a new AAC Breakout flash hider for the AAC 7.62 SDN-6 Suppressor!

Old 01-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Silver Member

Re: Can you really improve perfection? (pics)

Nice looking rig!

I have a .260 in a bolt gun and love it!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member

Does it shoot??? What does it weigh? How about some targets so we can see how it groups. How far have you shot it? OH nice looking stick. - - - - - -

I had a Bushmaster DCM that weighed 17+3/4 pounds. It shot pretty good without a scope.

joseph

PS: Hope the Feds don't tell us to turn them in.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Silver Member

You can improve perfection by going with a bolt action! Im kidding. Nice looking rig but when your running from the govt. I will have your back with my legal bolt gun.. till they take them too :(
"...I shoot big cartridges, not because I am ego bound, not because they are needed to kill big game when well placed shots are made, but when an error is made, they will get you out of trouble more often then a lesser round."

--Kirby Allen
Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 PM

DPMS LR upper and lower, Magpul PRS stock, Jard adjustable trigger, Apex Gator Grip handguard, Bartlein 22" 1-8 twist barrel, Young MFG Bolt carrier group, AAC 7.62 SDN-6 Suppressor and the Vortex Razor HD 5-20 EBR-1 MOA scope. It weighs 16.5 lbs. Barrel length with suppressor is 29" and overall length is 49.5". I have shot 6" groups out to 800 yards with it but I've only been shooting long range for 15-16 months now. I shot a Bighorn Sheep last fall at 680 yards. I've only shot 100 yards with the suppressor as I just got it. It definately shoots better than I can at this point but I'm working on catching up...

This pic is obviously before the dip job and suppressor was added.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Silver Member

Great sheep! Congrats! I hope to start chasing sheep too before I get too old to get up there.
Can you see the bubble level where it is mounted? You might want to switch it to the rear ring?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Platinum Member

With the bubble in the rear it gets in the way of your fingers while adjusting the turrets. In the picture of mine you will see two bubbles. The one on the Picatinny rail was removed later after I installed the one on the scope. I am right handed and while looking through the scope with my right eye I can watch the bubble with my left eye at the same time. And yes you can see the bubble when it is mounted in front. - - - - - - - - - -

When I was hunting in Alaska I scratched my binocs with sand while cleaning the lens. I now put a UV filter on the objective end of my scope to protect it. Note the pic below.

joseph

PS: It looks to me like Predator Strikeforce knows what he is doing ChrisAtl.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Can you really improve perfection? (pics)-vortex-bubble-level-1.jpg   Can you really improve perfection? (pics)-pst-2.jpg  

Can you really improve perfection? (pics)-uv-filter-.jpg