Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Burris Signature Series Scope Rings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2003, 07:54 PM
Silver Member

Re: Burris Signature Series Scope Rings

Kelby makes some similar, but with aluminum inserts. Burris claims that they are 50 cal. proof. Just e-mail them! Haven't tried them yet, like the luppy DD's that are mounted. Not too expensive, and very strong.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:01 PM
Silver Member

I used mine on a 30 Cal with no brake for thousands of rounds and had no movement whatsoever. I've had the scope off at least 30 times now in the last year and they go back in place as nice as anything I've seen. Still, the only scratches on my scope are the ones I get from working on the gun, banging it around.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:36 PM
Platinum Member

Brent,
The inserts were broke when I opened the rings, they had cracked and gone to hell while I was useing the rifle. I actually put the pieces carefully back together, cranked down the tops and kept shooting the rifle until I could get some replacements. I really like the inserts, wish they were in all rings.

Have also had some nasty experiences with Burris rings that did not have the inserts, worst scope ring cuts I have done was with Burris rings into a Burris scope on a one-piece Burris base. Win some and lose some.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:49 PM
Bronze Member

They hold a scope like no other ring.I use the weaver burris siginature ring on my 416 rem mag 1500 shots without scope moving at all.I also have them on my 338-378s.They are the best .You can correct any offset easily Mike
Old 03-28-2003, 11:39 PM
Silver Member

I use the signature rings on four rifles now. I have had a DD set on a 30-378 for about 400 rounds without any problems. A few weeks ago I removed the scope and installed a level and upon checking zero was pleasently surprised that the point of impact was exactly where it was prior to disassembly. I don't use the offset rings but rather install a shim under the rear base. The loads are somewhat mild, they only slightly impress the case head with ejector marks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Easy to keep track of the number of firings on the case that way.