Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Burris Signature Series Scope Rings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2003, 11:08 AM
Bronze Member

Burris Signature Series Scope Rings

Burris offers the interchangeable scope ring inserts in their Signature Rings. These allow you to raise or lower your scope to add additional inches of scope adjustment for longer shots. Any feedback for or against this set up.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:56 AM
*WyoWhisper*

Re: Burris Signature Series Scope Rings

In my opinion.. excellent... if you ever want to trade up scopes or whateve.. no rings marks.. they don't give you honest 20 moa but they get you alot.. I would be hessitant using them on a heavy recoiling rifle though....
Old 03-25-2003, 02:25 PM
Bronze Member

I use them and as long as you are willing to carefully set them in the proper rotation they work superbly. The only thing I have actually used them on is lower recoiling target rifles. Some people have claimed that they hold the scope tighter than regular rings and actually work excellently with heavy recoiling rifles.
They appear solid and seem to hold zero well after being adjusted.
With respect to getting slope on the scope in order to be able to obtain a longer range Zero, that is the actual reason I use them on my rifle.

The method I use to get as much zero adjustment as possible is to center the scope crosshairs horizontally and bottom out the vertical adjustment. Then I mount it the scope and rings on the rifle and adjust the offset inserts to give me a 100 yard zero (if possible). This gives me all the the vertical adjustment that the scope is capable of giving. Depending upon the particular rifle and scope combination you can gain up to 20 moa of vertical adjustment. If you use the Burris rings in conjunction with a 20 moa base, you can get a substantial amount of long range usability. If you do such a combination, know that you will need a serious amount of vertical adjustment on the scope to be able to get any closer range zero at all.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Platinum Member

I have had some ring inserts break, not sure why but they got brittle. Have had this happen on both Burris and the identical Sakos. Wondered if you guys have had any snap into pieces. I might have just got some bummers.
I have used them on Sako 75's in .338 and .300 Win mags and they held the scopes just fine. Wyo is correct, no ugly ring marks.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:43 PM
Platinum Member

Ian,

Did the broken ones fall out or did you notice them when you took it apart for some reason? I haven't taken mine apart on my 416wby but they seem to be holding up fine with the Leupold 3.5-10x40 on it. I did get a couple optional .020" insert kits so I have 40 moa in it now. You gota love the no scratches part too!
Old 03-25-2003, 03:49 PM
Bronze Member

Have been using them on my 300 Win . No problems.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:43 PM
Gold Member

I have a set on my 6.5/284 with a couple .020 inserts on a 24x leupold target scope and like them. I have plenty of elevation for 1200 meters with this setup.
Crow Mag