Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Build thread for PHPD1295

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Silver Member

Re: Build thread for PHPD1295

Larenzo is a great guy to deal with. He recently built a 338 EDGE for me and it is a 1/2 moa rifle on a bad day. He kept me informed throughout the entire build to make sure everything was perfect. I will be giving him a call when I get the parts together for my next build.

Mike
Old 12-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Silver Member

Come to the darkside, and join the 'Brotherhood'
Have Lorenzo ream it out to 7STW, and true up the action while you are at it!
I've got a few small jobs for him--extended mag box, flute a bolt, etc.
I'll be calling him in a month or so, when I can't shoot anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Sure does make hunting that much more fun when your shooting a rifle that means something to you!

I have a Rem 700 Sendero in 7mm mag that has been all over the place with me. I killed my first elk, antelope and a truckload of deer and coyotes with it. I have other rifles but this one always seems to wind up in the truck!

I'm afraid that the barrel is about gone as this rifle was the one that got me started shooting a lot and reloading. After seeing this I'm going to give Grit a call to see what the damage would be to straighten out the action and do a rebarrel job on her. Maybe I can get lucky enough to have a forum displayed rebuild!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phpd1295 View Post
The range isn't much to brag about but I went on a day hunt this past weekend for my birthday and I got this buck with Grizzly. Only 100 yards but I hit exactly where I was aiming. Dropped him on the spot with a spine shot. Thanks a lot Grit.

Going hunting again this next weekend. Let's see what happens.

Very nice deer. It's great to have confidence in your rifle.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Sure does make hunting that much more fun when your shooting a rifle that means something to you!

I have a Rem 700 Sendero in 7mm mag that has been all over the place with me. I killed my first elk, antelope and a truckload of deer and coyotes with it. I have other rifles but this one always seems to wind up in the truck!

I'm afraid that the barrel is about gone as this rifle was the one that got me started shooting a lot and reloading. After seeing this I'm going to give Grit a call to see what the damage would be to straighten out the action and do a rebarrel job on her. Maybe I can get lucky enough to have a forum displayed rebuild!
I might be a little biased because Lorenzo did such a great job on my rifle but I don't think you will find a better custom rifle builder at any price. I priced several different builders when I was ready to get my rifle built and they all were within a few hundred dollars in price. Lorenzo's price was in the middle of the road of all the ones I got quotes from. For me the deciding factor was ease of contact and customer service. Lorenzo was very easy to contact by phone and email. I even got some emails from him as late as 11:00 at night. His lead time was also one of the shortest. I don't know what it is now but back then he was quoting a 12 week build time and he came in maybe a week after that. I think that's a great estimation considering he might have had to wait for parts and suppliers. Other builders were in the range of 6 months or longer!
If you do decide to get the work done be sure to start a thread and post before and after pictures.

Last edited by phpd1295; 12-27-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Silver Member

Going to give him a call this week. Whatever I decide to do I will put some pics up showing the before and after!
Old 12-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Going to give him a call this week. Whatever I decide to do I will put some pics up showing the before and after!
I don't know if it will apply to you or not but Lorenzo also gives a discount on labor to police officers and military. I am in law enforcement so I don't know if it applies to honorably discharged military or only active duty but if it does apply to you ask him.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:15 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 338 View Post
Very nice deer. It's great to have confidence in your rifle.
A key point so many don't grasp.

Once you have confidence in your equipment it is utterly amazing what you can do with it.