Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Bubble level??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Silver Member

Bubble level??

Looking to get a rail mounted level or a scope mounted level, which would be better? Im thinking the US optics rail mounted unit is pretty solid but just want some opinions. Thanks
Old 03-20-2013, 09:34 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Bubble level??

I can't say much about the USO level as I've never been around one. I can tell you what a handful of us use & have had really good luck with. I strongly recommend the FlatLine Ops level. You can get one right here from Len in the LRH Store:

Scope Level By Flatline Ops

These things are bad to the bone & very well built. I also have a Holland which is a good unit. The FlatLine has two advantages over the Holland:

1. If folds out of the way when not in use however, can still be used in the folded position.
2. The FlatLine is FAR easier to set as it employs set screws under the magnets to fine tune the bubble level (genius).

Hope that helps.

t

Old 03-20-2013, 10:14 PM
Platinum Member

I use these

MWG Anti-Cant Device | Sinclair Intl

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 03-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member

Then there are these

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSe...ti+cant+level+

And these

anti cant at Brownells

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 03-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
I can't say much about the USO level as I've never been around one. I can tell you what a handful of us use & have had really good luck with. I strongly recommend the FlatLine Ops level. You can get one right here from Len in the LRH Store:

Scope Level By Flatline Ops

These things are bad to the bone & very well built. I also have a Holland which is a good unit. The FlatLine has two advantages over the Holland:

1. If folds out of the way when not in use however, can still be used in the folded position.
2. The FlatLine is FAR easier to set as it employs set screws under the magnets to fine tune the bubble level (genius).

Hope that helps.

t
This is one of the contenders.. I also like the US optics rail mounted one that folds away. Amazon.com: US Optics Rail Mounted Swivel Bubble Level, BBL-300: Camera & Photo
Old 03-21-2013, 09:20 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post

Mark, I recommend you try a FlatLine. For me, they've replaced all other models.

t

Old 03-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
Mark, I recommend you try a FlatLine. For me, they've replaced all other models.

t
They do look pretty slick TJ. A little on the spendy side but maybe worth it. I'm a little leary of the moving parts for shooting in the field, but I guess they've worked OK for you.

~ John Quincy Adams