Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Browning B.A.R Hogstalker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 07:49 PM

Browning B.A.R Hogstalker

Hey guys I was just wondering what do yall think of the browning hogstalker bar for hunting deer and hogs the furthest shot would probley be 400 yards but more realistically most shots i take are in the 75-100 yard range. Do yall think the short barrel will effect this gun at 350-400 yds? or should it be alright to shoot that far?

thanks Zack
Old 07-17-2014, 05:07 AM
Silver Member

Re: Browning B.A.R Hogstalker

The short barrel will not hurt your accuracy, only the velocity, and not as much as you think. That rifle should get you to 400 yards no problem.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:00 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Browning B.A.R Hogstalker

Is this the rifle you're referring to?

BAR ShorTrac Hog Stalker Realtree Max-1, Semi Auto Camo Hunting Rifle, Browning Firearms Product

If so, the 20" barrel is ok for the .308 Win. caliber.

I can't help you on accuracy, but if you find a good accurate load for it (most Browning A-Bolt .308's I've seen liked Federal Gold Medal Match and Federal Premium ammo), then you should be accurate out to 500 yards or so, with the right optics.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.