Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

The Breakfast of Shooters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Silver Member

Re: The Breakfast of Shooters

Nice buck and nice shooting
robster
Old 11-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Silver Member

Look's like he had the BREAKFAST of CHAMPIONS, i don't think we get whitetail deer that BIG here in Pa.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:58 PM
Gold Member

Definitely worthy of, "Congratulations!!". I would like to start a few days that way!

What are the gun specs?
Old 11-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Gold Member

Thanks, y'all!

Buano, The gun is a Browning A-Bolt that has been massaged by APS. It was trued up, has a Lilja 1-9 barrel with a small Painkiller brake, a Lone Wolf Howler stock and a Rifle Basix trigger spring. Shoots very well, as all of Kirby's creations do. Thanks for asking.

Jim

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS
Old 11-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4XFore View Post
Thanks, y'all!

Buano, The gun is a Browning A-Bolt that has been massaged by APS. It was trued up, has a Lilja 1-9 barrel with a small Painkiller brake, a Lone Wolf Howler stock and a Rifle Basix trigger spring. Shoots very well, as all of Kirby's creations do. Thanks for asking.

Jim

The reason I asked is that I have a first generation (first year) A-Bolt in 7 mag also. I ordered mine a year BEFORE they shipped from the factory. I always liked the gun but was never quite satisfied with the accuracy. I would be reluctant to add a brake unless it was removable (or closable like the Savage version). I would like to improve the accuracy. It always "felt" like it should be a tack driver. What did you spend getting yours reworked?
Old 11-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Gold Member

Buano,

I dont know just how much I've spent. The two things that would help the most are probably the two least expensive: the trigger spring and a new stock. The tupperware stock that came on the original A-Bolts was a piece of crap(excuse my french). Mine was one of the first ones too.

Jim

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS