Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Brake on a 7RM????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 10:26 PM
Silver Member

Brake on a 7RM????

I have read a lot on here about how a break works, but I am wondering if it would be effective on my 7RM Sendero? I don't know if there is enough pressure there for it to benefit or not. The recoil isn't bad but I am just entertaining some things that may benefit. Thanks for all the help.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:58 PM
Gold Member

Re: Brake on a 7RM????

First time I experienced a brake was one I had put on a 7 RM for one of the ex's ( I have a small collection... different story).
I was surprised at how effective it was.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:04 AM
Platinum Member

the vais on my 7mm sendero is awesome
Old 09-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Silver Member

Cool. I don't mind the recoil, it isn't bad at all, but always looking for improvements
Old 09-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Platinum Member

I have put several on 7mm Sendero's If you plan to shoot long and will be shooting prone I would only opt for a side discharge brake. The radial brakes with holes on the bottom stir up one heck of a dust storm. There are many side discharge brakes to choose from that work well, but for your rifle this is what I would install.

JP - Compensators - Bennie Cooley Signature Series

Enjoy!!

Jeff
Old 09-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
I have put several on 7mm Sendero's If you plan to shoot long and will be shooting prone I would only opt for a side discharge brake. The radial brakes with holes on the bottom stir up one heck of a dust storm. There are many side discharge brakes to choose from that work well, but for your rifle this is what I would install.

JP - Compensators - Bennie Cooley Signature Series

Enjoy!!

Jeff
Thanks for the suggestion Broz. U answered my next question as to what kind someone would recommend. I am seriously considering having my gun reamed for a 7mm-300mag which you know a thing or two about so I value your opinion. I need to check with a smith to see if it is possible to do it without rebarreling though first
Old 09-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Silver Member

I had a MAXI Brake from Accuracy Systems Inc. put on my 7RM. I was like you, the recoil wasn't too bad, but I was having trouble spotting my shots. It was totally worth it. Recoil is about like my 243 Win now, and I can easily spot my own shots. It was one of the best things that I have ever added to a gun. The only thing about it is that it is very, very loud now. I was out shooting the other day, got the scope set, and forgot to put my hearing protection on. BAD IDEA! It literally hurt my ears when it went off. I remembered for the second shot