Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

BOTW and Huskemaw/Gunwerks part ways..?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 04:37 AM
Gold Member

BOTW and Huskemaw/Gunwerks part ways..?

I just read my newsletter from Gunwerks and they have an announcement saying they've left the Best of the West. Any one else read this? Anyone know what's going on? or Why? Very interesting to say the least. I wondered when I wasn't seeing Aaron on the show recently. First John Burns leaves and now Aaron Davidson.. Something aint right there..
Old 08-09-2010, 06:28 AM
Gold Member

Re: BOTW and Huskemaw/Gunwerks part ways..?

I'm guessing since they said they joined them to promote there buisness, it has went as far as it can. They are either tired of spending sponsor dollors, or they might be starting there own show. I know one of them is talking to a outfitter about doing a high fence elk hunt out west. 400" bull at 700+ yards. If they did start there own show they could stand to make more money selling sponsor spots.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Bronze Member

I've heard that the Huskemaw scope does not belong to Gunwerks, and that Aaron is working with Nightforce to build a new scope for them.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:40 AM
Gold Member

I'm wondering what BOTW is gonna do about a new scope to promote? They can always hire another rifle builder but it seemed to me the show is based on the promotion of the scope..
Old 08-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Bronze Member

my guess is that aaron is leaving for the same reason burn's left, money. this is the exact reason I never considered buying a huskemaw. I knew something was fishy with the whole deal.

whats going to happen now to the people that need different dials or have a problem with their scope?

and why in the world would night force need aaron davidson to help them design a new scope? does he have a background in the optics industry that I'm not aware of?
Old 08-10-2010, 01:31 PM
PUBLISHER

Quote:
I knew something was fishy with the whole deal.

whats going to happen now to the people that need different dials or have a problem with their scope?
One partner in Huskemaw was bought out by the other partner. Doesn't sound fishy to me, sounds like normal business practice.

BOTW is the remaining partner and will continue to offer scopes and service them just as in the past.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 08-11-2010, 01:16 AM
Gold Member

Uh-oh, here comes the rumors. Let's get Arron on here and ask him. I'm sure he'll clear stuff up. I'm not a big Huskemaw fan but Arron seems pretty straight-up. For whatever reason he's leaving, I'm sure he has a good reason.

Where are you Arron?