Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

BOTW Divorces Berger & Marries Nosler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Silver Member

Re: BOTW Divorces Berger & Marries Nosler

These guys are going to be some bummed out hosers when those BC's come out about .150 lower than they expected, and the Bergers and A-Maxes still rock.

Sounds like they've been chugging Kool-Aid pretty steadily. Oh well.....their loss.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerGun View Post
These guys are going to be some bummed out hosers when those BC's come out about .150 lower than they expected
The original Accubond is already within that range, so I would think they could do better than that...
Old 04-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Silver Member

It was an exaggeration, but I've no doubt these LR ABs will prove to be fairly disappointing in the BC department.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
These guys are going to be some bummed out hosers when those BC's come out about .150 lower than they expected, and the Bergers and A-Maxes still rock.

Sounds like they've been chugging Kool-Aid pretty steadily. Oh well.....their loss.
I wouldnt make too many claims before you know the facts either. the accubond has a real chance of making it even bigger than they already are

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 04-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
It was an exaggeration, but I've no doubt these LR ABs will prove to be fairly disappointing in the BC department.
I don't know what could be so disappointing about them. Even if they are off by .10 on their G1 BC (14%), it would still be right at the level of the 210 VLD. And I'm guessing that Nosler isn't going to be off by 14% on their estimation.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:36 AM
Silver Member

You guys are right, my exaggerations were unnecessary, and hey, I'd be all about the LR Accubond IF the BC's could hold up.... Hell, I'd buy another 270 WSM to shoot the 150s.

But, I'm just not sure I'd leave a proven .630 BC in the 210 VLD, for something that may or may not best it, and is completely unproven on game. I'm sure there are some internal factors fueling their switch, but it'd be hard for me to leave behind a track record like Berger for a hit or miss (no pun intended) bullet that's not even been tested extensively yet.

When it's all said and done, the guys at BOTW shoot more critters at long range than I do, so it'll be interesting to see what comes of their using of these bullets.

Myself, I will personally keep buying the 162 A-Maxes at $25/100, and reaping the love of a .625 BC at 3,000fps with manageable, unbraked recoil from a 9lb rifle.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Platinum Member

BC doesnt kill stuff, neither does speed... bullets do so choose accordingly

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad