Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

BOTW Divorces Berger & Marries Nosler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 09:01 PM
Silver Member

Re: BOTW Divorces Berger & Marries Nosler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohunter14 View Post
Quote:
As far as accuracy, I have only shot a few. So far they show good potential. This is as far as I'm going to divulge any results. There is already so much hatred for them here I just don't feel like getting burned at the stake.
Michael, I understand that you don't want people ragging on you one way or another based on your results, but I, along with many others I'm sure, would LOVE to hear what you are finding. I think the more information we get out there on these bullets, the more we can all learn. Based on what you have said so far, it is obvious that you don't think they hold up to the published BC's, but I would really love to hear what you are thinking they are at. It sounds like you have enough knowledge on this to make a pretty good educated guess at what the true BC is...so let's have it!!!
That's where I am at. Well stated.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
That's where I am at. Well stated.
Yeah, except I thought Michael had shot them already and was making his guess based on that. Oh well, sooner or later we will get some evidence! Until then, it is just speculation.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Silver Member

I guess I am confused. I thought Michael said he had shot a few too.

Whatever the case, I sure hope he doesn't with hold his test results on them.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:18 AM
Silver Member

Really want to try the 210 ALR in my wildcat 7.62 PRO and 300 RUM but tired of waiting so I got me a box of the Matrix 210 VLD's to try out....

How does the 210 ALR compare to the 210 Matrix VLD with a listed bc of .7525 ? or is that another inflated BC # ?

This from the Matrix website http://matrixballistics.com/.308-Cal...xballisticsVLD

Caliber Inches: .308
Weight, grains: 210.0
Core Density, lb/ci-in: 0.4097
Core Weight, grains: 156.4
Jacket Density, lb/ci-in: 0.32
Jacket weight, lb/ci-in: 53.6
Ogive Radius, calibers: 13.0
Meplat Diameter, inches: 0.07
BC (static): 0.7525

.308 210GR VLD
$47/100 PCS

both are bonded except the 210 ALR is tipped

"In guns, particularly firearms, caliber or calibre is the approximate internal diameter of the barrel, or the diameter of the projectile it fires."
WIKIPEDIA

"Fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
Sigmund Freud

Last edited by Swamplord; 06-02-2013 at 03:25 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamplord View Post
Really want to try the 210 ALR in my wildcat 7.62 PRO and 300 RUM but tired of waiting so I got me a box of the Matrix 210 VLD's to try out....

How does the 210 ALR compare to the 210 Matrix VLD with a listed bc of .7525 ? or is that another inflated BC # ?

This from the Matrix website .308 Caliber Bullets Custom Built for Accuracy | Matrix Ballistics

Caliber Inches: .308
Weight, grains: 210.0
Core Density, lb/ci-in: 0.4097
Core Weight, grains: 156.4
Jacket Density, lb/ci-in: 0.32
Jacket weight, lb/ci-in: 53.6
Ogive Radius, calibers: 13.0
Meplat Diameter, inches: 0.07
BC (static): 0.7525

.308 210GR VLD
$47/100 PCS

both are bonded except the 210 ALR is tipped
The 210 VLD is not bonded, the BC is slightly under the 210 Berger. Matrix is a small shop so the BC's are a calculated static BC, Bryan Litz has shot some of the Matrix and gotten a BC.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 06-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
In fact I plan to start shooting over a 1K chrono (Accustic Suprchrono). I'll measure both the muzzle velocity and the 1K velocity as well as drops to determine as accurate a G7 BC as possible for my use out of my rifle.
Le'me know if you like the Acoustic Chronograph, should you purchase one and put it through the ropes? I'm having difficulty finding any feedback on that unit on this Forum, but I haven't searched in the past two months. If they operate reliably and with good accuracy, they'll be the ticket for recording down range velocity. I'd still put a sheet of AR steel plating in front of the unit. My 1/2" AR 500 protective steel plate has three bullet splats on it now - all collected at 1000 yds- and this has saved me from having to replace 7 skyscreens on each of those three shots.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:19 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
Le'me know if you like the Acoustic Chronograph, should you purchase one and put it through the ropes? I'm having difficulty finding any feedback on that unit on this Forum, but I haven't searched in the past two months. If they operate reliably and with good accuracy, they'll be the ticket for recording down range velocity. I'd still put a sheet of AR steel plating in front of the unit. My 1/2" AR 500 protective steel plate has three bullet splats on it now - all collected at 1000 yds- and this has saved me from having to replace 7 skyscreens on each of those three shots.
I just bought one from another member. The other day I was going to shoot it against my prochrono on an overcast day but the battery on the prochrono was burned out after I left it on from last use

So far I like it. Not sure about its accuracy but it seems to be in the ball park. My smith has an Oehler and is going to set them up back to back one of these days.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams