Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

BOTW Divorces Berger & Marries Nosler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Platinum Member

Re: BOTW Divorces Berger & Marries Nosler

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
I checked the website that has/had the 210s and they jacked their prices way up from last night, they were $69.99/100 and now they are $75/100. glad i got my order in but i dont think i will be doing any more business with them if they jack their prices up when they see some demand.
whoops, my bad, i meant they were $66.99/100 when i ordered them. They should be here tomorrow.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 05-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
whoops, my bad, i meant they were $66.99/100 when i ordered them. They should be here tomorrow.
Looking forward to see what you find out about them Riley

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 05-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Silver Member

Well the first reports from Africa, Joe Cunningham killed a big zebra @575.the 210 ABLR went thru a rib liquefied the lungs and went thru another rib as it exited, it was dead within a few steps.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter42 View Post
Well the first reports from Africa, Joe Cunningham killed a big zebra @575.the 210 ABLR went thru a rib liquefied the lungs and went thru another rib as it exited, it was dead within a few steps.
Exit size?

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 05-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Silver Member

Dont know I will ask.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
OK... couldn't hold back any longer... Not going to comment on BOTW, etc.

But anyone who thinks the LR AB's BC's are accurate is drinking some serious koolaid.

One example....

210 LR AB, G1 .730, G7 .366, OAL 1.550"

215 Hybrid, G1 .696, G7 .356, OAL 1.564

C'mon fellas, what does that tell ya?

That tells me either the Berger BC is underestimated or the AB BC is over inflated. Any guesses as to which knowing the competence, expertise and forthright professionalism of the Berger guys?

I'm guessing the actual 210 LR AB BC's are probably about .67 and .345. Still not bad, but I guarantee you they aren't going to ballistically out perform the 215 Hybrids. Any takers???

As for opening down to 1300 fps, I guess time will tell. That does extend their "effective range" if true, but lower velocities also result in lower momentum and energy.

All that said, when I first joined this site there were a lot of guys using the old AB's for LR shooting and hunting and doing well with them but of course not with the ballistic performance of Bergers, JLK's, SMK's, etc . These new LR bullets are a big step up for LR enthusiasts. But they are what they are and they are not what they are not.
I am finally glad to see someone else other than me figured this out. The 2 companys that really get the BC right are Berger with Bryan Litz methodology and Barnes with the doppler method. All others really are "marketing" close enough numbers. Bullet manufactures realize most shooters do not go out and check there loads and learn what there rifle/load is actually doing. So they market big numbers to sell product. Nosler has long been criticized for their load manuals being optimistic and the BC of the bullets being optimistic. They do build good bullets. But never trust a man when he is getting your money.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:45 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaho elk hunter View Post
I am finally glad to see someone else other than me figured this out. The 2 companys that really get the BC right are Berger with Bryan Litz methodology and Barnes with the doppler method. All others really are "marketing" close enough numbers. Bullet manufactures realize most shooters do not go out and check there loads and learn what there rifle/load is actually doing. So they market big numbers to sell product. Nosler has long been criticized for their load manuals being optimistic and the BC of the bullets being optimistic. They do build good bullets. But never trust a man when he is getting your money.
I don't know about that. To me, the only people who care about BC's are people who are planning on shooting at long ranges. I don't think the average Joe is going to buy these 'Long Range' Accubonds because they have such a great BC, only to shoot them at 300 yards or less. I know for me, personally, I had no idea what BC even meant until I started getting in to longer range shooting.

This is why I don't see the benefit of Nosler artificially inflating their numbers because if they do, it is going to lose them a lot of credibility with the Long Range market, which is exactly who this bullet is targeted for. It would also more than likely mean that the bullet will not be successful and will tank in the marketplace. Just my thoughts, I am still very anxious to see how the BC's hold up on these...