Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

BOTW Divorces Berger & Marries Nosler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 01:29 AM
Platinum Member

Re: BOTW Divorces Berger & Marries Nosler

It's all good man...No worries. My local shop will hopefully get some soon. They've been waitin on a Berger delivery for a while. It's probably any time now.

I appreciate the offer.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter42 View Post
Jay. I shot some of the 210 ACLR Bullets today at some distance. I was shooting on sand rocks and measuring the groups with the reticle. I was very pleased. As near as I could tell every shot was under 1/2 moa verticle. Wind drift all under 1 1/4 moa. Most of the shots were at 990, 1315 , 1526. About 35 shots total. In the 300 win mag they shot about half the group size that I get with 190 or 210 Berger's. I was very pleased! This is a message I recieved today from John porter, Sounds like they shoot well, I did ask about the stated bc but have not heard back from him yet. I will keep ya posted. Jay
have you heard if he has shot anymore yet or not?
Old 05-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Silver Member

I haven't heard anything new, but they have been giving shooting schools in Florida and north Dakota the last week. Joe Cunningham is heading to Africa on Tuesday with a 100 of the 210 loaded in 300 win, should be getting some news on terminal performance real soon. I have talked with a couple of other folks who have been testing them they all say they shoot great but still no hard data on the actual bc, just that its close. I will keep ya posted!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I haven't heard anything new, but they have been giving shooting schools in Florida and north Dakota the last week. Joe Cunningham is heading to Africa on Tuesday with a 100 of the 210 loaded in 300 win, should be getting some news on terminal performance real soon. I have talked with a couple of other folks who have been testing them they all say they shoot great but still no hard data on the actual bc, just that its close. I will keep ya posted!
Do you know what town in ND?

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 05-11-2013, 07:18 AM
Silver Member

Minot
Old 05-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Minot
Ok, i am from Dickinson, the SW corner, and didnt hear anything about them coming. I have a friend that says he has shot their rifles and even hunted with them, although this is the same dude who says their system can, and i quote, "kill game easily out to 2 miles."

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 05-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Silver Member

They are with Derek Betz, he owns a shop in minot, John porter is up there, as far as killing an animal @2 miles with a Botw rifle, im afraid your friend was pulling your leg, their rifles are very accurate and really sweet to shoot, Earl does an awesome job putting them together, but its still just a rifle, not an artillery piece. Let me see if I can track down Derek's# if ya want.