Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

BOTW Divorces Berger & Marries Nosler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Silver Member

BOTW Divorces Berger & Marries Nosler

"Higher BC'S than Berger's and thicker jacket on the lower 3/4. And the biggie BONDED CORE."

"You're right, figure an extra 100 fps, with the BC and velocity and bonded core, how could you beat that!"

"The tapered jacket, bonded core and smaller meplat diameter should prove to be the best thing since sliced bread, canned beer and a good saddle horse."

-John Porter

Apparently Berger has been kicked to the curb. The LR AccuBonds are already being praised on BOTW's Facebook page. Either money talks or they're wanting to waste a lot of energy with some exit wounds...
Old 04-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Platinum Member

Re: BOTW Divorces Berger & Marries Nosler

I was kicked off of the Botw facebook page for saying some of the same things... along with calling Dean Taylor out on calling a 338rum with a black stock a "Black Gun" . Very interesting everything I argued with them about online and in person both they are now supporting.... now if they just switch to Leopold scopes and fire Latt and Dean I'll be able to stomach watching the show again.

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 04-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnumitis View Post
"Higher BC'S than Berger's and thicker jacket on the lower 3/4. And the biggie BONDED CORE."

"You're right, figure an extra 100 fps, with the BC and velocity and bonded core, how could you beat that!"

"The tapered jacket, bonded core and smaller meplat diameter should prove to be the best thing since sliced bread, canned beer and a good saddle horse."

-John Porter

Apparently Berger has been kicked to the curb. The LR AccuBonds are already being praised on BOTW's Facebook page. Either money talks or they're wanting to waste a lot of energy with some exit wounds...
Magnumitis,this was a conversation between john and myself talking specifically about the 6.5 129 gn. Accu-bond longrange in my wifes 6.5 wsm, its true nosler now sponsors Botw now, they were approached by nosler and several other bullet makers and has been in negotiations for well over a year. It was Berger that divorced Botw early last year, its my understanding there was a disagreement between the two stemming from back when the Davidson's were still part of Botw. Im not sure of all the specifics but it makes sense because gunwerks no longer shoots Berger, but are sponsored by hornady, I myself am looking forward to finding out how well the new bullets perform, Botw will be using them on a bear hunt coming up in the next couple of weeks.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Platinum Member

I'm not much of a Facebook kinda guy but if I read it right John posted this on Thursday "We just received a few and will be proving their performance on bears in about 10 DAYS"
So before they even loaded them and killed anything there the greatest bullet ever, hard to confirm BC's and on game performance without pulling the trigger on one, looks like money talks to me!
The other comments on the page are quite startling, not a single bullet has been launched and guys are falling all over themselves declaring it the game changer and they are blown away by the BC, apparently marketing has done a good job on these bullets!
Old 04-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
I'm not much of a Facebook kinda guy but if I read it right John posted this on Thursday "We just received a few and will be proving their performance on bears in about 10 DAYS"
So before they even loaded them and killed anything there the greatest bullet ever, hard to confirm BC's and on game performance without pulling the trigger on one, looks like money talks to me!
The other comments on the page are quite startling, not a single bullet has been launched and guys are falling all over themselves declaring it the game changer and they are blown away by the BC, apparently marketing has done a good job on these bullets!
I agree 100%

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 04-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Platinum Member

It's a regularly watched tv show/business. Why would you think they are not above lying to make money? All they have to do is wave there hand in front of your face and say "these are the bullets you are looking for." And most will believe it.

I'm not saying that they are bad bullets but come on...at least take some game with them before making those kind of statements.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Platinum Member

I work in the medical field., and over the years I have developed some rules. Close to the top is "Marketing will overcome physics and physiology every time". I've found it often found it applies to my outside interests.