Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Bog gear tripods who has them and what is your thoughts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Bog gear tripods who has them and what is your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vette View Post
After comparing several brands a few years ago I prefer the Ultrec units. Very similar, but less bulky and therefore less weight. BogPods just have a much larger advertising budget. My next one will be one of their new carbon fiber units, as I inspected them this past year at the SHOT Show and really liked them.

Ultrec Engineered Products, Brookfield, WI, shooting sticks, camo shooting sticks, quick change sticks, hunter sticks, V-bracket, rifle rest, versatile, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I have used one of the Ultrec rests on by Bog Pod. I like it a lot better than any of the add-on's that Bog Pod sells. I may have tried one of the Ultrec units if I had knew about them before spending some money on the Bog Pod, spotting scope adapter, etc. I still love the Bog Pod.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Bog gear tripods who has them and what is your thoughts?

My wife and I both use them. We both like them. It is a little bit of a pain having something else to carry, but it keeps the weight off your rifle too. Also, you still have the flexibility to drop it and rest a cross a fence post or something. I have shot several animals with mine. None really long range, but I like them.