Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Blackpowder Long Range Hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Silver Member

Re: Blackpowder Long Range Hunting

Sounds to me like ya need to "swap over" and shoot one of these! Ya ain't had no fun.....till ya do!!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mulhernric800/detail?.dir=14c7&.dnm=88be.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mulher...pg&.src=ph

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonder how many states allow bp cartridge guns during the muzzleloader season? None that I know of?
Old 12-17-2005, 01:13 PM

Yep! Ya just ain't looked far enough yet!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 01:51 PM

Tried those 195 Dead Centers out to 100 with great accuracy. Less than 1" group. I used 110 grains of American Pioneer Powder. I have to agree with a previous post. American Pioneer is way better that pyrodex. And it cleans up super easy. Also, I prefer the loose over pellets or sticks. I keep pre-measured loads in small cannisters. Just as easy to pour down the barrel as the pellets were to drop in. Plus I was able to get a precise load.

I'm going to try them out to 300 and I'll post results.

Good Hunting to All and Happy Holidays!