Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Bill and Lerchs Wyoming Debacle!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 02:44 PM
SPONSOR

I didnt show that much restraint with they guys, they were on ATV's and i just cant run fast enough to catch up to them!!!!!!! Best i can figure God put a certain number of stupid people on earth just to make stuff a little more interesting
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 10-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Gold Member

Glad you fellows got to get out and stretch your legs. Tim and I both know exactly what you mean about us flatlanders up in the altitude. I am glad that you at least got something, instead of something getting you. I have had that hiss, crack, boom, before myself it really sucks.

Don't be so hard on yourself there BJ, at some point I think we have all been there done that. I know I have. You got out and did something that you wanted to do, and somewhere between the bullets flying past and forgetting your maps I will wager there was some fun had along the line. Least of which was a hunting expedition into the wilderness with a good friend.

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"
Old 11-16-2007, 12:50 AM
SPONSOR

Little update on gettin shot at!!!!

Well after a month or more of debate between me or BJ about if these guys in Wy were shootin at us or not we decided to do a little test. Now we have set down range behind berms and had guys shoot over us so we could hear the sonic crack around 30yds above our heads so we both agreed the shots were closer than that. we went to the range in Alex OK and there is a 100 and 150yd berm. Now these two berms are around 5-10 yds apart horizontally so we figured this would be a good test. I sat on the far left side of the 100yd berm as close as i could be safely to the bullet flying by to the 150 berm. BJ was at the bench with his 308 and i sat waiting. I gave the sign and a couple seconds later i heard a SLIGHT whzz fly by. 3 shots later i was more than convinced and a little pale in the face. Now BJ has always thought these tards in WY were honestly shooting a deer and it was just close to us, this solved it. The sound we both heard was a amazing WHHHZZZZZZZZ right past us, now i didnt hear anything close to this with a 30 cal bullet flying within 8-5 feet from me in calm conditions!!!!!

OVERALL POINT OF ALL THIS: I was wearing a mottled tan and brown jacket, we were walking directly into the setting sun. These idiots on atv's spooked 2 deer and chased them through the draw, they rounded a bend and lost sight of the deer. they saw something moving over a ridge and figured Hey thats a 6ft muley!!! BOOM,BOOM,BOOM, and one pissed of okie!!!!!! Yea as far as im concerned those guys thought we were deer and had full intent to have a Lerch shoulder mount around 6 months later. hopefully he would had positioned me to catch my good side if i have one!!!

take it easy
steve
1-800-522-3314
Old 11-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerch View Post
I was wearing a mottled tan and brown jacket, we were walking directly into the setting sun.
Steve,
You were wearing something that was blaze orange in color, right?

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature, who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
Old 11-16-2007, 10:54 AM
SPONSOR

yea i was
1-800-522-3314
Old 11-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Silver Member

Were the guys shooting at you from Wyoming? Seems when I go out hunting anymore, I see more out of staters than I do residents. And they are usually the ones running around on 4 wheelers and being pains in the *****. I'm not trying to start anything, just frustrated with seeing guys on 4 wheelers ripping all over the countryside, then when I get over by them, they complain that they aren't seeing any game and they say Wyoming is worthless and doesn't have any game. I encourage them not to come back. Lerch, I assure you that not all of Wyoming is like what you experienced. From a Wyomingite, I'd like to apologize for your bad experience. Hopefully you"ll give it another chance. Just go to a different area.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Platinum Member

Geezz...sounds like you may be fortunate to be typing still. Glad you're still around.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl