Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Is bigger always better at distance?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: Is bigger always better at distance?

Hope to work with you on a project in the future. Not every rifle needs to be a big, hyper performance rig, in fact I talk about 5 potential customers out of my wildcats for every 1 order place for them. Just depends on the specific application of each customer and their goals. For your posted goals, there is no need to get carried away with extreme performance chamberings, they bring their own set of special limitations.

For your goals, I would probably never recomment anything much larger then a 300 RUM. That said, the 300 RUM loaded with the right bullet would be amazing for your goals and with todays great bullets, these larger rifles can be used on deer size game without excessive tissue damage.

Take care, keep reading on LRH, you will learn alot from some of the old timers hanging around on here and also some new comers as well.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com