Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Bi Pod reasearch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Silver Member

Re: Bi Pod reasearch

+1 on the Stoney Point. We use them all the time with great results. They go on and off with a snap, adjust to odd terrain very quickly, allow a nice natural recoil, and its nice to only have it on the rifle when you need it. Going through brush or sliding a rifle in and out of a scabbard or Eberlestock can be a pain with a semi permanent bipod.

The rubber has been hit or miss lately as far as quality, but they are only $40.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Gold Member

Re: Bi Pod reasearch

I was originally looking at a versapod but have decieded against them, I cant find anyone who really likes them. My new plan is to get the seekins sling picatiny rail mount. " http://www.seekinsprecision.com/index_p.php?p=srs " I will normally have a no bipod mounted and shoot from a bag (most likely) But am looking at the GG&G quick detatch bipod for prone link" GG&G " or a rock creek bipod and then getting the GG&G quick disconnect harris adapter link " GG&G " and mount one of the tall harris bipods to that for shooting in seated position. With this system I feel I can quickly adapt to the shooting situation. I have had a mounted bipod "the harris" that was too tall for prone and too short for sitting. I also usually only need the prone when I set up somewhere, otherwise it ends up being to short (grass and things) and I cant use it, so why have it mounted all the time? Well this is my new plan, but I have been changing my mind frequently ;) I wish GG&G would make a sitting pod! Not really a big fan of the harris but it may be the best sitting height pod right now.

Last edited by pyroducksx3; 03-11-2011 at 10:52 PM.