Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Poll: bi-pod
Poll Options
bi-pod

bi-pod poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Bronze Member

Re: bi-pod poll

I started with a Haris 25 years ago and still hunt with it every fall. I believe it is one of the best tools I use. The nice thing is that if it isnt needed just fold it up and rest the rifle on a bag or whatever. It is really hard to use it if you dont have one.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:34 AM
Platinum Member

I have used a Harris for years. If I'm not shooting prone, I I'll keep it in my pack. I have no problem mounting or removing it from my rifle in under 15 seconds. I prefer the notched leg swivel model with a turn lever tensioner, and, the 9-13" length for clearing the grass or snow.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 03-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

I practice with a bipod all the time so thats what I use in the field at all times and make sure my set up allows use of a bipod.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 03-11-2013, 12:19 AM
Silver Member

I voted yes. I do all my load development and most of my practice prone from a bipod using my backpack for a rear bag. I typlicaly use a harris 12-25 swivle as I need to get a little higher above the grass where I hunt. I have most the harris lengths but typlical practice with the 12-25 as that is what I hunt with.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Platinum Member

For LR shooting I always ambush and pick my shooting spot thus always use a bipod.

I make my own very solid bipod as I've had problems with consistently loadingthe spring legged type.

Leveling is simple as I watch the bubble level and rake the rig back and forth till she's level.

Steep up angles are doable with fiberglass leg extenders though range is reduced due to increased flexibility.

My carry system allows for the solid bipod to be mounted continuously.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member

I wouldn't call it a necessity, b/c I rarely use mine. BUT, I do think that everyone should own one. They do come in handy alot of times.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Gold Member

Bipod is a must have option in my inventory and considered in first option for setup. Hasn't always worked out that way but still I consider it a must have....because the next setup will more than likely have one.