Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Beyond Belief new video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2005, 02:43 PM

Re: Beyond Belief new video

Got my copy of both sets of dvds on friday.The instructional set with the 3 dvds is so far very basic stuff aimed at a complete novice(part way through second dvd)would be able to cut it down quite a bit if he did'nt keep repeating himself.hopefully will get more advanced as dvd's go on.Good value for a novice but a bit too basic for anyone else!!
Old 11-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Silver Member

Which is why I keep watching the promo mpeg only! I was thinking of buying but won't now, anyway you can learn all you need here - vast pool of experience [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Gold Member

Well Marty, I meant to get back here and post up, but you beat me to it. I agree, that most of it is geared for the novice shooter or once a year hunter. From what I have seen and read here, there are very few folks who would benifit from the set.

The hunting disc, does show some nice shots on game but most of it was within 300 - 600 yds. Not to say this isn't long range for some folks. It is withing the realm of a capable accurate factory rifle which is what the set is all about.

For what it was made for it isn't bad but it could use improvement as mentioned above.

For my purpose, I don't feel let down to much as I mentioned it will be new knowledge to others in my family as well as a few friends who just don't quite get shooting accurately over 100 or 200 yds.

Lerch save your money and invest in some media for your video camera and shoot all of us some footage of you and Bill busting up some critters at 1K. The stills are great but those traces would be that much better.

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"
Old 11-11-2005, 04:59 PM
SPONSOR

as soon as someone tells me how to post video on here I will let all of you see Bill dropping that 500lb steers @$$ in the mud at 450yds.

steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 11-11-2005, 06:52 PM

I think this video set was meant for the average or maybe the above average hunter, not the target shooter and avid long-range hunters like we have on this forum. Believe me most hunters canít shoot consistently at 300 yards let along 5, 6 or 700 yards. My local range started requiring everyone to qualify at 100 yards before you could access to 300+ yard ranges. I guess they had too many wild shots at 300+ yards.

How would I rate the video set for the typical hunter?

Information: B : I thought it would give a novice a good base to start from.
Editing: D : This DVD set looks very rushed and some of the comments were out of sequence. DVD1, The links on the chapter page are out of order.
Production: D : Numerous scenes should have been retaken.. Off screen voices and sounds. Elbow in screen, Camera should have been centered before you start filming not after. White balance was off in a few scenes, so they had blown highlights.

I thought the first hunting DVD was produced and edited much better.

It funny that John and I both have the same tastes in rifles, McMillan A series stocks rock. I also spent a lot of time looking at the scenery on the DVDs. All you guys that live in that kind of country are lucky!
Old 11-11-2005, 07:10 PM

Could someone tell where you found the promo mpeg and also where you can order these DVD's? The Beyond Belief website only mentions the first DVD.

Thanks
Old 11-11-2005, 07:44 PM

Click on the links below.
The New DVD Set
The 1st Hunting DVD with Promo