Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Best of the West Rifle Stocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Bronze Member

Best of the West Rifle Stocks

Was wondering if anyone knows who make the new BOTW rifle stocks for their Cooper rifles. They said they designed it but wouldn't tell me who makes it.(wouldn't sell me one either) Maybe they have a patent, don't know. Thanks
Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Gold Member

Re: Best of the West Rifle Stocks

Have you tried calling cooper? Odds are it's the same manf. as the regular cooper off the shelf rifle stock I would bet.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Silver Member

I could be wrong but I believe Cooper has Bell and Carlson build there kevlar stocks for them. Again I could be wrong but am pretty sure. I really like the shape of that stock on the BOTW rifle.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks I'll look into that. Looks great and has a great feel. Held one at SCI last year
Old 01-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Silver Member

the botw rifle stocks are built custom for them from hs precision and another outfit they use is oregun smithing out of pendelton oregun. they were trying to get hs to build a synthetic in left hand for a customer of mine, hs said it would be a year out, well Brandon Davis Had a rifle stock from this outfit and he was able to use a left hand laminet they provided and built a form from it and had a left hand syn to botw in a little over a month! check him out the quality and fit and finish is really something.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member

BOTW has two stock styles that they offer. The lighter caliber , 6.5x284 which I own, has the Jackson Hunter style configuration that is offered by Cooper Arms. This is a standard pistol grip style with a roll over cheek peice and sporter type geometry. The larger calibers have a heavier, tactical style stock that is an exclusive BOTW offering.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt