Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Best of the West 'Lope shot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Bronze Member

Best of the West 'Lope shot

I just saw BoW shoot a 'Lope buck @ 814....it's seems to me he shot him in the ass.
Now I saw the walk up afterwards and the hole in the shoulder/neck.
I have played this on slow motion 5 times now...it's a shot in the butt.
The other must've happened when the cameras were off.
Did anybody else see this??

USAF AMMO
Old 08-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Best of the West 'Lope shot

I saw them shoot a Bighorn sheep just infront of the hind leg and high enough that he hit the spine but saw the bullet hole behind the shoulder?!? i replayed it multiple times too and it was obviously a really bad shot. I have not been impressed with them lately.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 08-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Platinum Member

The guys who run this show are exceptional marksmen and hunters. I have not seen the episode and they have guest hunters who make some shots. I do not know about them.

Remember that Best of the West is the TV show that broke the ice on long range hunting and made it more acceptable to all of us with the hunting public in general. These guys made Berger bullets what they are today and made long range hunting acceptable to the hunting public today. So go easy on them. They deserve a lot of credit for what they have done for our sport.

Hunters also need to take a look at the Huskemaw scope they produce. I saw it at the SHOT show last year and was very impressed with what this scope can do for a long range hunter with the way they set up the turrets for elevation and moa hash marks for the wind. Makes it pretty easy. I just put one on one of my rifles and am looking forward to hunting with it. The glass is excellent with good field of view and at a weight a guy can deal with on a hunting rifle.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Time Long Ranger View Post
The guys who run this show are exceptional marksmen and hunters. I have not seen the episode and they have guest hunters who make some shots. I do not know about them.

Remember that Best of the West is the TV show that broke the ice on long range hunting and made it more acceptable to all of us with the hunting public in general. These guys made Berger bullets what they are today and made long range hunting acceptable to the hunting public today. So go easy on them. They deserve a lot of credit for what they have done for our sport.

Hunters also need to take a look at the Huskemaw scope they produce. I saw it at the SHOT show last year and was very impressed with what this scope can do for a long range hunter with the way they set up the turrets for elevation and moa hash marks for the wind. Makes it pretty easy. I just put one on one of my rifles and am looking forward to hunting with it. The glass is excellent with good field of view and at a weight a guy can deal with on a hunting rifle.
The Bighorn sheep that i was talking about was shot by a guest hunter.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 08-28-2012, 01:55 AM
Silver Member

i watched it too and yes you can clearly see the shot in the butt but it was a guest hunter who most likely shoudnt have been shooting that far

in my opinon the show has slipped a little sence cooper firearms took over.

I like brush country monsters they have the guest hunters shoot when they get to the ranch to see how good they shoot.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:21 AM
Bronze Member

Yes, the Lope was a guest hunter also...I should've said that in the start of my post.

I would love to have a Huskemaw but that's too much $$$$ for me...maybe someday Santa will bring me one.

USAF AMMO
Old 08-28-2012, 06:34 AM
Platinum Member

I'm not too sure that Cooper has taken over BOTW. They are currently offering non-Cooper, custom component rifles as well as the Coopers. I don't know about the movie making side, which I am usually skeptical about all of them on any show. But personally seeing how the BOTW rifle/scope combos shoot at 1000 yards, they are superb. They know how to make a long range rifle and ammo.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt