Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Best rig for hunting these!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Silver Member
Re: Best rig for hunting these!

Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
That was an awesome hunting report, but you left out the outfitters name. A link to their website would be even better.
The outfit that we went with was Labrador Outdoors ( They were the ones that donated the hunt to NAHC which my dad won. They were great to work with, and they had no problem pushing the dates back for a couple years in a row due to deployments (I'm in the military). We were lucky enough to stay in one of their better cabins, but others where in the normal camp setups. I would highly recommend them especially our guide Richard. We were worried because when we flew in the group before us only had small racks and 2 of the guys said they did not see a caribou the whole week! We were all very worried hearing and seeing this from the previous hunters. However, I was first to tag out and it only took me just under 3 days. I saw one, but too far off....I hadn't found this site yet so the 800 yd was a bit much for me :P The next day I got a nice one, and then the following morning, I got my 2nd one within an hour of leaving the base camp after breakfast! Both of mine were double shovels, and will be on my wall hopefully soon! Our group of 6 had tagged it with 2 days still left of hunting to go. I used the rest of the time trying to fill a bear tag, but only saw one bear but once again was too far off for me. We thought that the group before us either were doing something wrong or just weren't paying attention because they were passing by around 200 yd from our base camp! The guides said that the main heard just hadn't gotten there yet, and we caught them at the right time. I would definately go again, but for now I'm saving to finally go on an elk another 5 years, or sooner if the wifey ever wins powerball lol

Unread 02-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Silver Member
Re: Best rig for hunting these!

Sounds good. Thanks for the outfitters name. It amazes me how expensive it can be to go hunt caribou. It just doesn't seem like it should cost that much, but I guess it does.