Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

The Best Rangefinder ANYWHERE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Gold Member

Re: The Best Rangefinder ANYWHERE

Use the email I just gave you. He is the contact I went thru.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BountyHunter View Post
Bunch of surplus Russian military laser rangefinders (non eyesafe) Class 4 were imported into Canada in the late 80's and 90's and illegally imported into the US. They were selling for as much as $5000

They will accurately range 20,000 meters but are non eyesafe, had issues with leakage and illegal as hell in the US.

You can legally own a Class 1, 2 or 3A. The Class 3B and 4 are "military only" and LE cannot even have them. Cannot ever be legally sold as surplus either.

FYI they watch this website and others for people having them and will visit you and confiscate them.

Long story about me getting a visit by Fed agents because a mftrs rep at a military expo heard me talking about one on the internet years ago and reported it.

BH
With that being said, it does sound pretty familiar. I now know why he got rid of it! That's probably been 12 years ago, man was that thing sweet.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Silver Member

Sent him an email,THX
Old 01-08-2011, 03:22 AM
Silver Member

After talking to a couple of people on here I decided to take the plunge & get a PLRF10
I contacted Mike Nolan but I couldn't get one out of the States to New Zealand without a ton of red tape so he was good enough to CC my email to Switzland
I got one direct from them as there is no civillan agent here.
It cost me a bit more but at least I got one
I also got the optiontional data cable with the trigger on it...but it isn't necessary
Just by leaning on a post outside work in bright sun, I got readings up to 2550 first time until I tried 2765 but it got it the second time , the cool thing about it though was at the same time the best I could get with my Swaro was 1064 & then only 5 out of 8 times & my CRF 1200 1 out of 10, that was the day it arrived & I realised why I had spent so much on it

Make no mistake it cost a lot of money...was it worth it...HELL YES
I have since sold both my previous rangefinders.
Recently I got a CRF 1600 for general hunting duties & I'm happy with it
Old 01-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Platinum Member

Is it a bino, or mono, how is the glass quality, weight?I heard the new zeiss RF bino is good, but it is rated for less yardage
Old 01-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Silver Member

How does it range in Bad conditions for ex; snow,rain, fog? My swaro could not get reading in some foggy conditions, it would always hit some sort of wall, and light to medium snow it only reads 30yards, so that is something I am willing to sell my Swaro for if some other LRF can do that?
Elmerdeer
Old 01-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerdeer View Post
How does it range in Bad conditions for ex; snow,rain, fog? My swaro could not get reading in some foggy conditions, it would always hit some sort of wall, and light to medium snow it only reads 30yards, so that is something I am willing to sell my Swaro for if some other LRF can do that?
Elmerdeer
I have ranged in medium snow to over 800 yards and light rain way out there I think like a mile or so.

Jeff