close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Best Deer Caliber out to 1K

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-07-2004, 05:48 PM
*WyoWhisper*

Re: Best Deer Caliber out to 1K

Boyd

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Ric,Just wondering,with the deer,elk and MuleDeer you've shot over 500 yards what case have you used????....300wsm,308win????? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> This I would love to hear....
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this a serious question or are you headed somewhere with this..? In light of the recent postings.. I wonder? If it is an honest question the answer is the same from me.. and I'll answer honestly..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You already gave me my answer <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Ric,I ask you a simple question.By you becoming defensive you gave me an answer.I will let it go at that.I think you should have also. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boyd, as hard you your try to be very anit-antagonistic or passive aggresive.. you have proved on this board and MANY others you are very antagonistic ..so your nice guy , humble BS ain't gonna fly.....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> I am not sure where that came from.But what I am doing defrauding <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

reference the above....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Well Ric,although it is none of you business.I will tell you anyway.The day we were to leave my 3 year old daughter had major nose and throat surgery.And my family is much more important than a hunting trip.But I would not expect you to understand <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

None of my business maybe not..and YES FAMILY IS ALWAYS FIRST!!

but there were 7 people on the line who were counting on you for their hunt, and for you to tell me 2 days before you were to be in WY and then not even tell me the truth and leave it up to Butch to try to find a replacement for you and let the whole thing possibbly fold and NOT tell anyone what was going at at the very least me who organized the whole thing for POINT BLANK as much as anyone else is COMPLETE BS!!! Not until today did I find out the truth.. 7 months later....

although I have heard, you changed jobs, your wife didn't want you to go, you just changed you mind, and numerous other things... wow man, one call is all I am, and it is toll FREE.. thats why I gave you and Butch my 800 number...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Ric I have seen your abilities Ric I am sorry but I can not afford to take the time off work.And I am not willing to give up a bench rest match to watch you try to prove yourself to everybody else.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That in itself is BS too I'm not inviting anyone here to show off too.. I'll most likely be the WORST shooter of the bunch! Matter of fact I am sure of it. I am going to try to get eveyone together to just learn and share stuff.. that's it in a nut shell.. HEll it might even be fun what a novel idea....

I have nothing to hide and I never claimed more than I am ... others here might not know what you were after..but it was obvious where you were headed.. but, I know and you know... and WE both know what your intentions were,thats all that matters ...

Man to think all I did was post specs of a rifle.... it led to this.. F'ing pityful...

Unread 03-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Platinum Member

Chris

You said;
Darryl-- So what you're saying is I got ripped off by Ray? I have a receipt that shows what I paid him($1025), and if you or anyone else pays him less for the same work, maybe I did get ripped....
I know for a fact I could have had the same work done for at least $400 less, but I took your advice that Ray was good and would treat me right... So don't tell me that we should try to help the newbies get started as cheaply as possible, because that rule didn't apply when I was building my Tommy...

First off, lets get something clear here.
I "never" said you got ripped off by Ray.
He in fact was helping a newbie when he built or chambered "your" new 300 Tommahawk. You didn't spend over $2000.00 either now did you. I think $1000.00 is just a little less then half of the figures you posted for a rifle done by someone else, regardless.

I believe you even said the one Ray did for you was the "best" shooting rifle you had ever shot when you posted the pics of the groups and also the deer it killed. It was a nice group to.

If you weren't happy with Ray's work, I'm sure you would have said someything about it and not posted any pics at all on how well it indeed does shoot, now would you?

If you check some of the Post here you will see just "who" doesn't give up now. Get the point?

I'll repeat again. Before a newbie (or anyone) goes out and spends over $2100.00 (not counting a scope) for a rifle, please consider a factory Sendaro, Larado, Coyote or 40X before you do.
These guns will kill at 1000 yards with the correct chambering and bullet.

As for the other poster stating about the 308 Winchester and the selection of bullets----The 300 RUM,and the 300 WSM does use the SAME bullets and those two cartridges will kill alot faster and further then that straight 308 Win will.

Later
DC [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Unread 03-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Silver Member

338-378
Good to see ya again. I saw a live Ground hog yesterday. It will not be long now. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Unread 03-07-2004, 06:32 PM

[ 03-15-2004: Message edited by: 338-378 ]
Unread 03-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Platinum Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Boyd, as hard you your try to be very anit-antagonistic or passive aggresive.. you have proved on this board and MANY others you are very antagonistic ..so your nice guy , humble BS ain't gonna fly.....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I am a nice guy.You started this whole thing.I would help anyone on this board that needs it.And I will also call b.s. when I see it.And I done seen B.S.... <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>but there were 7 people on the line who were counting on you for their hunt, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't even go there buddy.I in fact did change job's a few weeks before the hunt.And no my wife did'nt want me to go.But the MAIN REASON was the one I listed above.7 people????Who idea was that???? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>and WE both know what your intentions were,thats all that matters .. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Just what are my intentions Ric???I would really like to know....
Unread 03-07-2004, 06:46 PM
Platinum Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>I'm just sittin here wondering what in the H3ll is goin on with this board. Bullets flyin everywhere <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Just stay BEHIND ME Butch.That way you won't have to worry about being hit [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ 03-07-2004: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]
Unread 03-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Silver Member

Let me know when and where. I'm off the 13th and 14th and the week ends after that for the rest of the month. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
OPS. AHHHH a "light" ya the Zippo is around here some where.
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ 03-07-2004: Message edited by: baldeagle713 ]