Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Best commercial rear bag for hunting ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2008, 01:47 AM
Platinum Member

DUH,

Oops!! Got a little confused on the bullet thing:o

But I was in the right neck of the woods...

A rear rabbit ear'd bag already filled with micro beads would be a good thing though.

However, nothing is perfect. Thus the two small flat bags of different thicknesses to compensate for a little up and down......

It doesn't make economic sense to send a couple of these little things down there unless they were piggy backed on something else.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Gold Member

Roy,

Appreciate your efforts. I'll just get the commercial bag you suggest and try and find the beads here I quess ?? For hunting I would not want a bag with a wood bottom piece, and I would prefer a synthetic bag rather than leather as it could get wet all the time.

Whats your best quess ??

Cheers

DUH
Old 01-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Platinum Member

That bag isn't what I would suggest. It was just the first one that google truned up.

I's suggest the lightest leather that is findable (if that's a word). Here's a link to one that's only 0.3 lbs.

Getting a synthetic waterproof one is gonna be a real hunt. I just spray the heck out of my with waterproofing stuff. The beanie bags I just let get wet as they dry out rapidly.

Another example (I haven't tried it) but use their front bags.
Caldwell Rear Shooting Bag - Unfilled *-*Rugged Sportsman's Online Store