Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Best 3 shot group so far

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Silver Member

Best 3 shot group so far

.300WSM Browning Varmint Special Xbolt 26'' barrel.

305 yards (rangefinder verified)

1-2 MPH wind coming from the right at about 35*

68*F

Bi-pod with a media filled bag under the stock

Getting better everytime, hopefully I can get all three inside the quarter the next few outtings.
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Silver Member

Re: Best 3 shot group so far

the pic is turned wrong, the eagle is supposed to be upright, I had the one go left on my a little. Computers<ME...... :S
Old 01-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

Yet another wannabe shooter who has failed to hit a coin. Try a 50 cent peice next time.

Just kidding man. Thats an excellent group. Roughly 1.25". Your goal of three bullets inside the quarter is a fine goal. Never stop trying. No doubt it will happen for you a time or two. If you can find a factory 30 caliber hunting rifle and load that will regularly put three bullets tight enough to cover with a quater at 300 yards you would be one of the luckiest shooters out there. That said, if it does not happen with the regularity you desire, don't be discouraged.

Good job!

PS, As a safety officer who has used your signature a time or two, I think maybe you have one extra 'no' in the first part of the slogan? "No safety, know no injury, Know safety, no injury". Maybe I missed the point?

M
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Eichele View Post
Yet another wannabe shooter who has failed to hit a coin. Try a 50 cent peice next time.

Just kidding man. Thats an excellent group. Roughly 1.25". Your goal of three bullets inside the quarter is a fine goal. Never stop trying. No doubt it will happen for you a time or two. If you can find a factory 30 caliber hunting rifle and load that will regularly put three bullets tight enough to cover with a quater at 300 yards you would be one of the luckiest shooters out there. That said, if it does not happen with the regularity you desire, don't be discouraged.

Good job!

PS, As a safety officer who has used your signature a time or two, I think maybe you have one extra 'no' in the first part of the slogan? "No safety, know no injury, Know safety, no injury". Maybe I missed the point?

M
lol you got me, doh!!!

Yea im gonna keep practicing!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:27 PM

Excellent group. Especially if that was with a factory barrel. My current best 3-shot group with my hunting rifle was slightly more than 0.5" at 300 yards. Weatherby Mark V w/Krieger barrel/7 STW/Barnes 160 TSX handload using 14x scope power.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Silver Member

Great job! It's nice to see postings of groups out past 100yds.
Broughton fluted 5.75, 5c @ 28"
Graphite Black Cerakote
Jewell Trigger
GreyBull Precision Stock
180VLD's@3145fps. with 72.8grs. of H1000, 215m primer
Old 02-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Silver Member

Hey thanks guys! If anyone reads the reloading section, then you'll know Im about to embark on that journey. hopefully I'll be able to put those rounds inside the eagles wings.