Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Berger Hunting DVD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Silver Member

What a sad sad world we live where we have to pamper to those ignorant and stupid enough to try and take those long shots without training and lots of it. :confused:

Please don't faulter Eric in the face of adversity, we need you and your fine bullets, keep up the good work.

HP
Old 10-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member

Eric, great letter, pretty well covers the bases. a bit off topic but was wondering if you need anyone else to test your 338 bullets. i'll even do it for free. that's right, won't charge you anything to test them on game this year! just let me know.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Silver Member

I recieved your DVD in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I was really impressed with the footage and so were some of my friends, I would not hesitate to try your bullets on biggame.

I think your video really emphasized that the people taking these longer shots at 700 yards plus were very experienced shooters at long range. And explained the fact that alot of practice and experience was needed to cleanly take animals. Yet I don't doubt people had a cow anyways. You know the type, purist.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Bronze Member

What is really sad here, is that so many people seem to be offended by so many things.

NEWSFLASH:
NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO BE UN-OFFENDED!!

This is one of the root problems with this society,and as is the case with most of them, you can thank a liberal for it.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature, who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill

Last edited by Matt_G; 10-23-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:44 AM
SPONSOR

All,

I really appreciate the feedback. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss something obviously inappropriate. We put a lot of thought and effort into the video but no one is perfect.

Berger is growing and it seems that the more popular we get the more we find folks that feel strongly about something that I consider common sense. We are used to dealing with knowledgeable shooters who know such things to be true without being told.

I guess there are good reasons why there is a sticker on my lawn mower telling me not to put my fingers in the blades. Thank God for that sticker or I'd be typing with my nose.

We'll be compelled to provide this type of "guidance" to those who need it so when you see a "Do Not Eat" label on a box of bullets you will know why.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that we deal with shooters at every level and no one is born with the knowledge that a skilled hunter needs so the more good information the better and we want to help shooters learn. The complaints I am receiving are coming from hunting veterans who feel justified by their many years of experience to tell me how we should do things. These folks ought to know better which is why I thought we had maybe done something wrong.

Davewilson,

Thanks for volunteering for the 338 cal testing. We are about 6 to 9 months away from getting this bullet made so check back with me around April or May 2008. We will need some good shooters to test the three different designs we are making.

Regards,
Eric

Berger Bullets

Last edited by Eric Stecker; 10-26-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Silver Member

Hi Eric
I sent you an email in regards to getting my hands on the Berger DVD.

Long range hunting is becoming very popular here so I picking you will see Berger sales in New Zealand picking up soon!
Alot of our target shooters are already using them, I have a box of 168gn .284 but have yet to try them

Rgds, Steve
Old 10-26-2007, 01:15 AM
Gold Member

Eric - it's a fine video - and the bullets are great too. Thanks, Guy