Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Bell & Carlson Stock Advise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 12:51 AM

Bell & Carlson Stock Advise

I need opinions from people using the Bell & Carlson A5 or A2 with a LA caliber. Most everything I found online was guys using the A5 on .308's. I wanna know how to holds up being using with a .300 RUM and larger LA calibers. How's the butt pad on the A5 and since it's adjustable will it withstand the recoil without slipping. I have never personally handled either one of these stocks and don't wanna spend more than $500. I do like the added weight of the A5 over the A2 and the adjustable cheekpiece will come in handy. Thanks for the help!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Silver Member

Re: Bell & Carlson Stock Advise

i have used the a2 alot on big l/a calibers and love them for the money. They feel good and hold up well. We have used them on big 7 calibers all the way up to a 338 lapua imp. As for the a5 we used them on a few guns one on a 338 edge and it held up nice but seemed to let you feel the recoil more then others.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:09 PM

I have the Medalist Varmint and Tactical on my 300 Ultra no complaints the recoil pad is awsome and just the right amount of sticky.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Silver Member

Suggest the medalist A5 model with the adj check rest and length of pull