Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Beanland vs McWhorter Rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 10:15 AM

Beanland vs McWhorter Rifles

I'm about to have two rifles built and have it narrowed down between these two builders. I'm fairly new to the world of high-end custom rifles and wanted to see if there were some folks with a little more wisdom on this sight that might have any feedback on one versus the other. Beanland Rifles are 15-20% less pricey....so that will have a little to do with the decision as well.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:51 PM
Silver Member

Re: Beanland vs McWhorter Rifles

Don't know about Beanfield, but I have been to Mcwhorters shop and shot one of their rifles.

They make a very fine product and the rifles do shoot, but I think you can get the same are better for cheaper from other fine smiths.

You can usually find several of their rifles for sale on Gunbroker.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member

After talking with the guy from McWhorter on the phone, yall know how I feel about them...

Never will they get a penny of my money.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:38 PM
Bronze Member

You won't regret a Jon Beanland build. He's down here in my neck of the woods in Gould Okla. and he builds one hell of a rifle. Check out snipers hide if you want references. I've yet to hear of one dissatisfied customer.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member

Me thinks this is a naive question. Most probably any rifle from either of these sources will out shoot the shooter and mechanically function beyond the requirements of any situation that will be encountered by a typical user.

Personalities and temperaments notwithstanding I doubt there would be dissatisfaction with final result regardless of the choice.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:34 AM

I don't doubt that the equipment will far outshoot the shooter......just looking for any personal knowledge anyone on here might have with either of these builders.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:42 AM
Platinum Member

I love my mcwhorter!!!!
It's sweet. Just not enough time to shoot it!!!