Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

BC for Federal Factory Ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Bronze Member

BC for Federal Factory Ammo

Hey there Brothers......i was after the BC of some of the Federal Factory Ammo but cant get it from the site because it wont download to my Mac.....does anyone have the info ?? Its not real important but i thought i'd add it to my Ballistics Tables. Thanx Heaps guys.......Ray

Old 04-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Silver Member

Re: BC for Federal Factory Ammo

You are doing something wrong. I have been on Federal site many times & has great ballastic tables of everything they make. Yes , you can even compare them. It is one of my favorite sites. I like there .223 55 gr fmj for target. It has really good ballastics. I don't like hunting with them for fear of ricochets. Be and watch your back drop.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDHEAD View Post
You are doing something wrong. I have been on Federal site many times & has great ballastic tables of everything they make. Yes , you can even compare them. It is one of my favorite sites. I like there .223 55 gr fmj for target. It has really good ballastics. I don't like hunting with them for fear of ricochets. Be and watch your back drop.
Yes but doesn't it have to be downloaded ??? To get the BC's ,,,,thats my problem, you have to have windows, i have a Mac..

Old 04-02-2010, 06:39 AM
Platinum Member

What caliber and bullet of factory ammo are you speaking of specifically? Then I can do some research for ya!

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Bronze Member

Federal powershok .308A

Old 04-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .25MOA View Post
Federal powershok .308A

Factory lists the velocity at 2820. Not sure of the test rifle, so this will very with each rifle. It states a premium bullet. Not knowing if it is a boat tail I went with a flat base bullet which is more than likely correct. With this information your BC should be somewhere between .330 to .350 (Hornady[most likely] and Sierra which they promote on one of their ammo lines). With these numbers you might be able to get close enough to start tracking your clicks and develop a drop chart. The other option is to contact federal via internet or phone and talk to the tech center and see what info they can share with you.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltank View Post
Factory lists the velocity at 2820. Not sure of the test rifle, so this will very with each rifle. It states a premium bullet. Not knowing if it is a boat tail I went with a flat base bullet which is more than likely correct. With this information your BC should be somewhere between .330 to .350 (Hornady[most likely] and Sierra which they promote on one of their ammo lines). With these numbers you might be able to get close enough to start tracking your clicks and develop a drop chart. The other option is to contact federal via internet or phone and talk to the tech center and see what info they can share with you.

Tank

Thanx for the info Tank, just out of curiosity .......any idea what the BC for the .222 Federal Power-Shok is ???