Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

barometer setting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 07:36 AM
Bronze Member

barometer setting

I was just wondering, because I do all my hunts in other countries, If I synchronize my barometer for the airpressure at my local weather station so its up to date, will that be enough or do I have to do the same thing in a new country?
Old 09-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Platinum Member

Re: barometer setting

i don't think the barometric pressure can see any country boundries.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Re: barometer setting

Some areas use different units of measurments such as In.Hg. or hpa ect....Most hand held weather stations have the ability to use any popular units of measure. Remember that most airports give you the pressure at sea level regardless of the actual altitude. The best thing to do is set the offset to zero and this will give you station pressure. This is pressure at location regardless of altitude. This is the best way to calculate ballistics (IMHO) so long as your software is set on an altitude of zero regardless of your actual altitude.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.