Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Ballistics and cell phones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Ballistics and cell phones

will "ballistic" work with like an ipod touch or ipod video??
Old 01-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Silver Member

I have exbal on a att 8525 and it works perfect. It must be windows mobile pocket pc. It will not work on a windows mobile smartphone. Perry has a pdf on his site that list the difference between the two types and examples of phones that will work. A windows mobile pocket pc has touch screen, like tilt, touch pro,. A windows mobile smartphone does not have a touchscreen like blackjack,

Im not sure which one it was but there was a treo that it would work on, i bet if it has a touch screen it will work.

Compared to my blackberry sucks as a phone but great for exbal.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Silver Member

this gives me a great idea i need a knew phone any way like tmmcampbell said two deer with one bullet
have any of you guys herd of a phone that is water proof and would run a ballisic program
Old 01-20-2009, 02:13 AM
Bronze Member

For water proof check out the outterbox. My brother in law is a forster in Oregon. He tells me it is compleatly waterproof. Its about $40 on ebay.

Does anyone know if Perry's system will work on a Iphone??
Old 01-20-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmcampbell View Post
For water proof check out the outterbox. My brother in law is a forster in Oregon. He tells me it is compleatly waterproof. Its about $40 on ebay.

I've found the otterbox I'm looking for a mount that will let you attach the Otterbox to a rail type forend. I'm going to try the BulletFlight App with the Ipod touch.

Last edited by Willz; 01-20-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Silver Member

I am running a samsung Epix, it is the lates version of the blackjack, complete with touch screen. It is running exbal flawlessly.

Jason
Old 01-21-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmcampbell View Post

i was looking to that as well and the answer is no. it is a windows based program. i suppose thats the one thing that a PC has over a mac. I was looking at getting the Ballistic app for my iPhone but i convinced a buddy of mine to build a Ballistic Calculatorfrom scratch with soe info from the Sierra BC program on my computer. we shall see how it turns out i suppose.