Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Ballistic calculator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2006, 08:10 AM
Bronze Member

Ballistic calculator

I've heard of ballistic programs that will run on a PDA. These calculate point of impact based on wind conditions, temps, athmospheric pressure and of course the external ballistics of the load. Does anyone know of a good source for such a portable program for long range shooting? I imagine that one would also need some type of portable weather station [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Ballistic calculator

Two down under Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics there is a permanent sticky on this. Some of the links are a little out of date but you can re-Google and get most of them.

I think if you run SEARCH on PDA you will also come up on some specific information.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member

elkfirst:

Ballistic software won't run on just any "PDA". You will need either a Pocket PC or a Palm if you want to be able to utilize the software and data in the field. Just about any of the lower priced Palms will run the software and you can get them as cheap as $20.00 on Ebay or new for $60 - $75.

Check "This Link" for the Exbal software. They have a version that runs on your desktop PC or you can get a version for either Pocket PC or Palm. This is the same software that Nightforce sells and it's "good stuff". I wouldn't go shooting or hunting without it.

You really will need a weather meter of some kind to do it right. You can check "This Link" for some info on Kestrel meters. You don't need the best and you can get meters that do the same thing the Kestrel does for less money. Google and search are your friends.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:24 AM

Chey tac also is showing two models on their site.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
Chey tac also is showing two models on their site.

[/ QUOTE ]

only available if you by there gun

d-a