Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

BAD remington experience

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 10:31 PM

BAD remington experience

And it came from the factory with a FLAW! The response i got was "I recently purchased a Remington sendero in 7mm mag. Took a couple months to save up for my mark 4 scope but finally got it before labor day weekend. Got my scope mounted and test loads made and headed to the range. Needless to say, I was excited to sit behind my new rifle. To make a long story short, I got to shoot it twice because it wouldn't eject my first brass. I used my cleaning to tap it out and thought I would try it again. Same result. I examined brass and bolt and found nothing wrong but didn't even have a nick on the brass where the extractor tried to get it. This happened on noon sept 2. I immediately called Remington but they were already closed for the holiday weekend by 3:00 their time. Now i'm pissed. Really pissed. I took the rifle to my FFL. To be sent back to Remington. They said they would contact Remington and send the rifle back as soon as Remington sent them the required tag to place on the rifle to be sent back. THAT TOOK 2 WEEKS! Just to get the tag so my FFL can send it back! NOW I'M REALLY PISSED! So I call Remington to see how long it will be before I get my rifle and they say 4 weeks! WTF???? They say that they have to take the rifles in the order they receive them. I explained that my rifle was new and the response I got was "once it is in your name it's used". So now I will be waiting 6 and a half weeks for my NEW rifle that I received with a factory FLAW! I missed the high hunt with it and will probably miss general season with it as well. Remington is lacking. Lacking in customer service and quality control. My FFL said they have sent 5 new remingtons back this year that all had factory flaws. I know a lot of people love Remington but I thought I would share a story from the other side. Feel free to email this to remington
Old 09-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Platinum Member

Re: BAD remington experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurnz View Post
And it came from the factory with a FLAW! The response i got was "I recently purchased a Remington sendero in 7mm mag. Took a couple months to save up for my mark 4 scope but finally got it before labor day weekend. Got my scope mounted and test loads made and headed to the range. Needless to say, I was excited to sit behind my new rifle. To make a long story short, I got to shoot it twice because it wouldn't eject my first brass. I used my cleaning to tap it out and thought I would try it again. Same result. I examined brass and bolt and found nothing wrong but didn't even have a nick on the brass where the extractor tried to get it. This happened on noon sept 2. I immediately called Remington but they were already closed for the holiday weekend by 3:00 their time. Now i'm pissed. Really pissed. I took the rifle to my FFL. To be sent back to Remington. They said they would contact Remington and send the rifle back as soon as Remington sent them the required tag to place on the rifle to be sent back. THAT TOOK 2 WEEKS! Just to get the tag so my FFL can send it back! NOW I'M REALLY PISSED! So I call Remington to see how long it will be before I get my rifle and they say 4 weeks! WTF???? They say that they have to take the rifles in the order they receive them. I explained that my rifle was new and the response I got was "once it is in your name it's used". So now I will be waiting 6 and a half weeks for my NEW rifle that I received with a factory FLAW! I missed the high hunt with it and will probably miss general season with it as well. Remington is lacking. Lacking in customer service and quality control. My FFL said they have sent 5 new remingtons back this year that all had factory flaws. I know a lot of people love Remington but I thought I would share a story from the other side. Feel free to email this to remington
Man I feel for ya but think about it... 5 that got away with a "factory flaw" vs tens of thousands that didn't.

Yes in this case I'd say they have a real customer service issue, but the solution to that would be to calm down and then call and try to work your way up the ladder until you get to someone who can give you a little help getting your issue resolved faster.

When dealing with complaints I promise you it's the nice polite guy who is more likely to get moved up the ladder vs the guy who is loud, cussing, etc.

Since it came with a factory flaw your dealer if he's a "remington factory authorized dealer" should have some options including replacing the rifle or they used to anyhow.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:55 PM

That was 5 remingtons sent back from ONE FFL DEALER in a year. Even if they sold 50 this year that's still not a very good average. I really wanted a good experience with Remington but it hasn't gotten there yet. The FFL only acts as a shipping point to do the paperwork. They are a small gun shop in rural Washington. Most authorized Remington dealers will not tell you how many they have shipped back for repairs because that's BAD for their business. The FFL I deal with has no real obligations or loyalties to Remington.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Silver Member

What is the flaw, specifically? Needs new extractor? Did you check to see if something was lodged under it? Did ya have a gunsmith look at it? Mine would have diagnosed the issue for free and giben me a quote. I know it is their responsibility since but if it was a cheap fix i may have let my smith doit and had the rifle working within hours. Just sayin...

The proper use of a Pistol is to fight your way back to where you left your Rifle.

The best gun to have? ... The one in your hand when the fight starts!

Respect All - Fear None
Old 09-28-2011, 11:21 PM

Extractor was fine. an empty brass clipped into the bolt face just fine but wouldn't grab it when you closed the bolt. A gunsmith would have been great but they are in short order around here and usually at least 2 weeks out. Plus it was a factory flaw so they had better fix it for free without any issues.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Silver Member

I agree. They should! Guess I am lucky to have a good smith handy that likes me.

The proper use of a Pistol is to fight your way back to where you left your Rifle.

The best gun to have? ... The one in your hand when the fight starts!

Respect All - Fear None
Old 09-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Gold Member

Every once in awhile a bad apple slips through the crack....I did My 8 yr old daughter had cochlear implants when she was 5. One way we chose the brand (only 3 at the time) of implant was based on internal failure rates. Less then a .100 chance of a failure rate...Well guess what, my daughter was that .100 chance, go figure. So in less than 6 months she was back in for another 4 hr surgery.

I don't shot factory rifles but I can tell you that my $3000 custom failed to cock the firing pin at one time while on a PD hunt, this was shortly after it had just been built with only about 50 rounds through her at the range....Go Figure!

Anyone who has ever owned their far share of any mass produced product has had a lemon. Your situation sucks because of the timing of it all, which is there ever a perfect time?

Good luck,

Jon