Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Back home from Wyoming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2005, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Back home from Wyoming

I hunted near Powder River. (Population 50) Definately more speed goats than people. We hunted P-dogs north of Casper and just outside of town. Plenty of shooting on several small P-dog towns.

Wind was blowing at about 30mph and was blowing the tiny 40gr bullets from my .221 all over the place. 1 to 2 foot of windage was the norm. Lots of shots with the longrange connections being particularely exciting. We had a blast and will be planning a return trip soon.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:12 PM
Silver Member

Ric:

I just found this forum doing a search for some info. Looks like a nice place. There was a huge Mule Deer taken near here last year if that's the animal you are talking about.

I lived in Medicine Bow for 3 years and grew up in Laramie. If you can dope wind around Medicine Bow you can shoot anywhere. Good luck to you.

Varmint Hunter:

Oh man, there is a huge p-dog town North and West of Powder River headed back towards Arminto. Unfortunately, that's one of the places that got poisoned. Amazes me how folks will complain about a few dawgs turning to red mist from a little old bullet, but don't give a thought to poisoning the critters by the thousands.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:48 AM

yeah Iam talking about the one the lady shot.. 42" spread!!... the one shee missed one day and found it again another... lucky....but a dandy...

hey could you e-mail me .. I have a question for ya about some areas down in the Medicine Bow / Centennial area..