Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

anyone using shooter app

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Silver Member

Re: anyone using shooter app

My load data for my 308 is 2950 fps with a 155amax. I dropped the bc down some dont remember how much (I think like.43) on my old phone I have the strelok app. It has been good and it is were myproven charts are from. I inputed everything to match on both phones but I am getting different answers. The reason I changed apps is for the auto update on weather and elevation. It is also a pain to carry 2 phones around.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Platinum Member

The only way two apps can be that far off is if you input wrong data. I have used many apps. I now use Applied Ballistics and Shooter. They work very well. Go over your inputted data.

Jeff
Old 04-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member

After playing around on shooter, although i dont have all the exact same specs as you, i think for the BC you put G7 .43, not G1 .43. When i changed those around i got drops similar to what you got, not exact, but similar.

Riley

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 04-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Silver Member

Thank you all for prompt replys. After reading all them I figured I must have done something wrong so I went over all my input again. I found that there is a function under site in that was set at .5 for elevation deviation or something like that. I dont think I set it but I put it to 0. Checked them against each other and came up with 21moa on one and 21.2 on the other. I have been messing with it for a few days and started gettin mad. Now I feel a bit stupid. Thanks again for helping me out.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Platinum Member

I use BulletDrop+ for the iPhone, and it works phenomenal. Easy to use, simple and accurate functions. You can choose ballistic measurements in Inches, Mils, or MOA. It calculates out to 2,000 yards. It's nice. It was an excellent buy for $1.99.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:53 AM

Hey there,
After thinking about it, it sounds to me that you have not set up the amount of travel per click in the setup for your scope. The number of moa is almost half, making me think that the program is set up on 1/4 moa per click instead of the 1/2 moa per click that your other program was setup as..... try that and get back to us on here and we can go from there.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Silver Member

It was the elevation correction factor. I built new profiles for a mythical gun I dont have then started checking everything on each app till they lined up. Then I checked my 308 data it it came real close also. The elevation correction was at .5 for some reason. Not sure why but it was and screwed up the numbers for me. Thanks to all again that helped me out with it. Used it yesterday out to 1100 and it worked well.